Putting customers on hold

lxnow

Sep 12, 2013, 6:04:54 AM9/12/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to flag a customer as being on "hold" status.  Then if the customer is on hold, no stock-related transactions (DN, non-POS SI) can be made against it.

Maybe a client-side custom script to check for customer status... I have an idea of how the script might check a custom field we create under customer doc, but the customer details are in the customer master and doesn't automatically get pulled in a DN or SI.

Using a script, how does one check the value of a specific field in the customer master when it is not in the DN or SI?

Addy

Sep 12, 2013, 2:34:11 PM9/12/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Just go that specific customer's account and then there you have a freeze check box it does exactly what you are asking for no SO or DN or Invoice can be made for frozen accounts.

lxnow

Sep 12, 2013, 11:17:52 PM9/12/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
That's funny, I don't see this checkbox in my customer form. Don't see it as a field under form customizations too. Are you using a hosted account?

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 13, 2013, 12:33:42 AM9/13/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Laurence,

Its in the Customer's "Account" record....

- Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

lxnow

Sep 13, 2013, 1:46:23 AM9/13/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, was able to find it by going into Chart of Accounts.
- Rushabh
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Eka

Jun 25, 2014, 1:59:25 AM6/25/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,
I have same problem here, and I really lost. I do not know where to find that "Check boxes" while I really need to freeze a customer account. I tried to go to ledger, chart of account, account receivable and other link, but I still could not find that "Freeze account check boxes". Please help.

Regards
Eka

Nabin Hait

Jun 25, 2014, 2:15:02 AM6/25/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
It is not check box, a select field named "Frozen".

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/5cdcc297-4d4d-4d4b-b904-3313d3171cf0%40googlegroups.com.

Agus Eka Maharta

Jun 25, 2014, 4:02:33 AM6/25/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nabin,
Thanks for the response. I find  that option  in an account called "Income" its a group type of account instead of ledger, while my customer account type is ledger and not fall under income account, it falls under Current Assets --->Accounts Receivable - CSN --->Application of Funds (Assets) - CSN
--->customer Account. My customer ledger account does not has that option. That arrangement created automatically by the system. Any ideas, or did I making a wrong setting here?

Eka

Nabin Hait wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/F3A50253-6A4C-40E8-974B-8390E658C2F5%40iwebnotes.com.

Nabin Hait

Jun 26, 2014, 1:31:02 AM6/26/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
There was some issue, I have fixed that. Please check after update.