In HR is it possible to track attendance by the hour?

Aditya Duggal

Dec 28, 2010, 11:19:49 AM12/28/10
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have recently started to go through the HR module and I would like to know that if it is possible to get the attendance of employees/ workers on hourly basis.
Would it be possible to link the system to an attendance system say like a biometric system and the attendance is uploaded automatically?
Also there is a question about the calculation of salary, since we are into manufacturing our workers are paid overtime and some of the office staff is not paid overtime but still all are tracked by the hour. Would it be possible to calculate the salaries of workers along with the overtime?

Where can I find more about the rules of HR as there seems to be a lot of rules involved?

Addy

Apr 8, 2014, 12:28:19 AM4/8/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to get the erpnext system to accept the attendance with the hours like the attendance for an employee can should be like this:

EMP1 08-04-2014 In Time 08:00
EMP1 08-04-2014 Out Time 17:30

Now I guess that the system does not let us have 2 attendance for the same employee on a given day and hence I would like to know if we could somehow add a sub-table in the attendance form which would take all the attendance for an employee. Like all the in and out times for an employee from a biometric reader.

Is it possible to add a table for such thing in the attendance form?

Or any other way we could do the same within the current system, would request a reply on this thread since it has been unreplied for 4 years now.

Umair Sayyed

Apr 8, 2014, 8:15:48 AM4/8/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Aditya,

This feature is already on our todo list. You can check with us for this feature via following Github issue.

Addy

Nabin Hait

Apr 9, 2014, 12:24:31 AM4/9/14
to erpnext-user-forum@googlegroups.com Forum

You should overwrite and pass/comment the function which validates the duplicate attendance record.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/fc70a81e-8d45-43d0-a5ce-9d632393b526%40googlegroups.com.