Pay Commission of a Sales Partner

Sarang Deshpande

Sep 15, 2014, 5:18:59 AM9/15/14
to Erpnext
Hi,

I am trying to generate commission for a Sales Partner.

I created a Sales Partner, assigned the Partner to a Customer. The commission got generated based on the percentage, upon payment receipt from the customer.

I can see Commissions for Sales Partners from the Standard Report, however, I am unable to understand how do I pay for the Commission?

The Sales Partner is not created as a Vendor and there is no Accounts Payable generated for the commission amount.

Am I missing a part of the picture here?

Appreciate your help.

Sarang

Umair Sayyed

Sep 15, 2014, 5:53:40 AM9/15/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Sarang,

For now, you will need to manually create accounting ledger for the Sales Partner, under Current Liability. Journal Voucher should be posted to update payable and payments towards Sales Partner.

Please create Github Issue to automated accounting feature for the Sales Partners.

Sarang Deshpande

Sep 15, 2014, 6:32:22 AM9/15/14
to Erpnext
Appreciate Umair,

As always, it is a delight to see prompt responses from team ERPNext. You are spoiling us by giving prompt response for free.

Anyways, I've created an issue as suggested : https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/2196

Thanks,

Sarang

Sarang