Pro-Forma Purchase invoices & "Purchase Receipt No. required against item ..." vaidation

Jev Björsell

Feb 9, 2014, 7:59:29 PM2/9/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have a pro-forma invoice, that must be paid in advance of Purchase Receipt. I want to raise an Purchase Invoice immediately.

From my PO, I choose the Action "Make Invoice" but from this point, I'm unable to save my new Invoice, instead I get the validation error: "Purchase Receipt No. required against item ..."

What's the appropriate workflow for my scenario?

And following on, when I do receive the goods, how do I associate the Purchase Receipt with the already paid Purchase Invoice?

Thank you,
-Jev

Nabin Hait

Feb 10, 2014, 12:41:26 AM2/10/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Go to Buying -> Buying Settings  and set "Purchase Receipt Required" as "No". After that system will not ask for Purchase Receipt while making invoice from PO.

And later you can make Purchase Receipt from the PO.

Umair Sayyed

Feb 10, 2014, 12:46:06 AM2/10/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Jev,

Considering your workflow, following is the order in which transactions should be made.
  1. Purchase Order (Proforma Invoice)
  2. Journal Voucher for advance payment.
  3. Purchase Invoice.
  4. Purchase Receipt.

Advance payment entry is not directly linked with Proforma Invoice, but Purchase Invoice.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Mahesh

Feb 10, 2014, 1:01:28 AM2/10/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
still so, how to link a purchase reciept to the purchase invoice ?
perticularly in this scenario ?

Umair Sayyed

Feb 10, 2014, 1:23:09 AM2/10/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Mahesh,

Purchase Receipt and Purchase Invoice are linked when Purchase Invoice is made from Purchase Receipt. But in this scenario, Purchase Invoice is made before Purchase Receipt.

Hence, Purchase Order would be the only reference point to check linked Purchase Receipt and Purchase Invoice with it.

Jev Björsell

Feb 10, 2014, 8:46:04 AM2/10/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I will try this out today.