How do create "Asset register"

Mac Deus

Sep 15, 2014, 7:24:03 AM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I have been asking how do I create an asset register in the system as I have failed to register them in current ERPnext system,
Members, kindly help

Deus

Umair Sayyed

Sep 15, 2014, 7:29:54 AM9/15/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Mac,

Little more detail on your expectation will be helpful.

Do you want the valuation of the asset to reflect under Fixed Asset group in Chart of Account? Or is Asset Register an accounting report? Please elaborate.

If perpetual inventory valuation is activated for your account, you can create separate warehouse for the fixed asset. You can move ledger for that warehouse into Fixed Asset group. Balance of this account will indicate total valuation of your assets.

Mac Deus

Sep 15, 2014, 2:18:28 PM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Umair for your prompt response,
What I think I want to see is the asset inventory, record all company asset (name, when was it bought, from who, the cost and condition/status)
I would also think on how to put depreciation that can be either depreciating and appreciating from year to year.
I don't think if it should be under Fixed Asset group in Chart of Account. I think it needs to be a separate item and I don't know whether to be like how we have stock or else.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Mac Deus <bwan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been asking how do I create an asset register in the system as I have failed to register them in current ERPnext system,
Members, kindly help

Deus

Mac Deus

Sep 15, 2014, 3:46:35 PM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Dear Umair,

The attached template is a sample of what I wanted to see in the system so that it becomes a management system for assets and can tell where the asset is located and who owns it and what is the condition

On Monday, 15 September 2014 14:29:54 UTC+3, Umair wrote:
Hello Mac,

Little more detail on your expectation will be helpful.

Do you want the valuation of the asset to reflect under Fixed Asset group in Chart of Account? Or is Asset Register an accounting report? Please elaborate.

If perpetual inventory valuation is activated for your account, you can create separate warehouse for the fixed asset. You can move ledger for that warehouse into Fixed Asset group. Balance of this account will indicate total valuation of your assets.
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Mac Deus <bwan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been asking how do I create an asset register in the system as I have failed to register them in current ERPnext system,
Members, kindly help

Deus

Fixed asset record with depreciation.xls

Umair Sayyed

Sep 16, 2014, 3:12:37 AM9/16/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Mac,

Please raise Github Issue for this feature suggestion.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Also attach file in the Github Issue so that one working on it can refer.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/0b6365f9-2267-49b6-8b73-795bbe9bd648%40googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com