Where does erpnext store all the attachments

Satish

Mar 19, 2014, 1:30:36 AM3/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Where does erpnext store all the attachments?

Is there a way we can change the location from server to the client? We do a lot of custom cnc work where we need to store the drawing files associated with the order. If the files are stored on the client it becomes easy to access and edit them as and when required.

Regards
Satish

Maxwell Morais

Mar 19, 2014, 2:07:46 PM3/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
The attachments are stored in "public/files" inside the ERPNext instalation dir for 3x versions or "sites/sitename/public/files" for 4x versions

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Satish

Mar 20, 2014, 1:27:11 AM3/20/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Maxwell

Is it possible to change the location of this file store to client instead of server??

Regards

On Wednesday, 19 March 2014 23:37:46 UTC+5:30, Maxwell wrote:
The attachments are stored in "public/files" inside the ERPNext instalation dir for 3x versions or "sites/sitename/public/files" for 4x versions
Dear All,

Where does erpnext store all the attachments?

Is there a way we can change the location from server to the client? We do a lot of custom cnc work where we need to store the drawing files associated with the order. If the files are stored on the client it becomes easy to access and edit them as and when required.

Regards
Satish

Maxwell Morais

Mar 20, 2014, 1:59:50 AM3/20/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Satish, I do not see a way to do this, but if you need these files are available on the client side, it would be interesting to install a sync feature as Dropbox or ownCloud this folder.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/4f3e5c5c-fca4-4a98-bdd6-856d861834f3%40googlegroups.com.

Olawale Olowu

Mar 21, 2014, 10:00:27 AM3/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I remember a discussion about having Ledgers in foreign currency about a year ago. Any update on this? Its something
that's really needed especially for companies that have accounts in currencies other than base currency. Conversion tends
to be cumbersome and is affected by fluctuating exchange rates.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Olawale Olowu

Mar 21, 2014, 11:01:05 AM3/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear Frappe Team,

Does Version 4 have functionality for integrating directly with a POS terminal for card transactions? Also, is there any direct way of integrating
the current Sales Invoice (POS View) in version 3 with a POS terminal?

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Nabin Hait

Apr 10, 2014, 12:03:30 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-user-forum@googlegroups.com Forum

It is in our to do list, we will implement it soon after releasing v4.0.

Umair Sayyed

May 6, 2014, 2:34:16 AM5/6/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Olawale,

Please post this as feature request on our Github Issue list.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues?page=1&state=open

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com