rcd quantity < accepted quantity on purchase receipt

François de Ryckel

Aug 21, 2014, 5:41:43 PM8/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
To whom it man concern

I'm just starting the trial of Erpnext on Frappecloud, It has been fun trying a few situation that we have daily, it does sound very premising so far.  This week I've been in the situation where our suppliers have sent more items than invoiced.
For instance he invoiced us 49 items but they were 80 in the shipment.

When I try to put this into the purchase receipt, I've get an error "Error: Accepted Quantity > Recd Quantity"

So how can I approach that situation?  The supplier will add these 31 items on next invoice - for our next delivery?

What would you suggest to do with the purchase receipt?

Best regards.

François

sara...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2014, 7:33:56 PM8/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am not an expert on the topic but have seen a similar scenario in ERPNext.

You can setup % margin on the received goods over the ordered goods. You can try setting it up for 60/70% ( not sure if software allows this high a margin).

Another approach if this is a regular situation - give higher quantity in the PO and receive lower in PR and close the PO (e.g 100 in PO). Your AP would ve based on the PR. I haven't tried this myself yet, but I am sure, would be available in the application.

Sarang

Sent from my mobile device.
Aug 22, 2014, 3:05:45 AM8/22/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sarang for replying!

Francois,

You can also Cancel and Amend to PO if you want to accept more quantity. This will make sure there is a record of this change.

best,
Rushabh

sara...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 3:14:37 AM8/22/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
That's a good way Rushabh.

I am wondering if we have a duplication feature in the application? I haven't seen it during my brief interaction with the system.

I have heard users praising this feature for repeat orders / transactions with same items (e.g. Purchase Order, monthly bill through ledger, etc. )

I know an instance when an accountant processes a credit card bill with expense bifurcation with about 80-100 expense heads. Every month he/she duplicates the last month's transaction and edits the amounts.

Also, do u have  any plans to implement ‎recurring Purchase Order / invoice?

Thanks in advance.

Sarang

Sent from my mobile device.
Aug 22, 2014, 3:22:07 AM8/22/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I missed that. Forgive my ignorance.

Appreciate your detailing while designing the system.

Do you already have recurring  Purchase Invoice ‎?

Sarang

Sent from my mobile device.
Aug 23, 2014, 4:54:12 PM8/23/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for all the advises and ideas.
Much appreciated.
François