Ignore Pricing Rule Option

Javier

Aug 4, 2014, 7:39:11 AM8/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

The "Ignore Pricing Rule" checkbox is not available either within the Sales Quotation or the Sales Order. Is there a settings that is required to be activated for the checkbox to be made available?

Thank you.

Javier
Ignore Pricing Rule.jpg

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Aug 4, 2014, 7:50:28 AM8/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
May be you have hidden that field via Setup -> Customize Form. There are no other settings to hide that field.

<Ignore Pricing Rule.jpg>

Javier

Aug 4, 2014, 8:31:39 AM8/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nabin,

Thanks to your suggestion I checked the field for hidden properties and although it was not hidden I noticed that the field is set to Perm Level 1. If I change it to Perm Level 0 the field is visible.

Perhaps I do not understand the concept of perm level in erp next but I am using the Administrator account and I definitely cannot see the field. Should the field be set to perm level 0? Or am I making a mistake elsewhere?

Thanks real much

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Aug 4, 2014, 8:49:01 AM8/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Do not change perm level of that field, it is purposefully done. Basically, if there is any pricing rule, normal users can not bypass the rule, only Managers can bypass. And fields with perm level 1 is only visible to Manager roles in these documents.

So, if you give “Sales / Purchase / Accounts Manager” roles to “Administrator” user, you should be able to see the field.

Javier

Aug 5, 2014, 12:34:15 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nabin,

I tried to assign Sales Manager to a particular User ID which ONLY has the Sales Manager role but still can not see the checkbox. I have not modified any of the standard default roles. Any other clues?

FYI I am using the virtual box download with all updates performed. Thanks real much.

Javier

On Aug 4, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Javier <boh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Nabin,
>
> Thanks to your suggestion I checked the field for hidden properties and although it was not hidden I noticed that the field is set to Perm Level 1. If I change it to Perm Level 0 the field is visible.
>
> Perhaps I do not understand the concept of perm level in erp next but I am using the Administrator account and I definitely cannot see the field. Should the field be set to perm level 0? Or am I making a mistake elsewhere?
>
> Thanks real much

Javier

Aug 5, 2014, 4:11:19 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nabin,

I think I've worked out how to get this working. Basically the DEFAULT Sales Manager and all other Managers don't have level 1 permissions set in the Role Permissions and when I added them manually I could then see the option. Thanks for giving me an idea on where to look.

Just to check, is it true that the default role permissions dont grant level 1 access for those Manager roles?

Thank you.

Anand Doshi

Aug 5, 2014, 4:43:14 AM8/5/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hi Javier.

The default permissions have level 1 grants. But we don't override your permission customizations unless you explicitly reset the permissions in Role Permissions Manager.

Thanks,
Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/98600fb1-f658-415f-8bd3-d1a55828d253%40googlegroups.com.

Javier

Aug 5, 2014, 5:19:30 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anand,

Thanks for this information. For some odd reason my default install does not have any Level 1 permissions for Sales Manager --> Sales Order or Quotation (for example). Is there a way I can completely reset the permissions for all roles and all document types?

Thank you.

Javier
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Anand Doshi

Aug 5, 2014, 9:44:51 AM8/5/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hi Javier,

You can do that via command line, after activating environment, using:
frappe [sitename] --reset_perms

If you are using the new bench, you can prepend the command with bench, which activates the environment for you and runs the command too:
bench frappe [sitename] --reset_perms

Thanks,
Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/1cb458f7-bf3c-4c73-b34d-b78a9e37e7de%40googlegroups.com.

Javier

Aug 7, 2014, 5:03:43 AM8/7/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

That worked wonders. Thanks very much Anand.