How to raise Material Request for one/more items when it reaches re-order level in warehouse

rahul nejanawar

Jul 18, 2014, 9:17:23 AM7/18/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I know that a new Material Request is raised when an item reaches re-order level(by enabling "Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level" in Setup). But I m in confuse and I will give example to you ie
>Assume that today 2 items ie Screws and Nuts reaches re-order level and automatically Material Request will be raised. Based on material request I will purchase those items. And again tomorrow other 3-4 items will reach re-order level and again Material request will be raised. Assume that I m buying my Items from only one supplier and if today I buy Screw, Nuts then supplier will add 100Rs for shipping. And if tomorrow some more items reaches re-order level then I want to buy those, and also I have to pay 100Rs for shipping.
>My question is I cant buy Items daily based on material request and I dont want to pay shipping charges daily so In ERPNext how it should be possible to generate material request only once/two times in a week/like any batch(shows item list which reached re-order level). I cant buy single items every day so it is better to do list of Items to buy.
>Any other suggestions.

Rushabh Mehta

Jul 21, 2014, 1:02:11 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Rahul - this feature is not available as of now and I don't see a clear policy/

If you don't get an alert for a particular item, you are risking stoppage in your manufacturing. Reminds me of the proverb :)

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

rahul nejanawar

Jul 21, 2014, 2:22:48 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Rushabh,

Still I m not getting Material Request notification when an Item reaches re-order level and already I enabled  "Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level" in stock Setup. Please tell me how to do this?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rme...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (rme...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Rahul - this feature is not available as of now and I don't see a clear policy/

If you don't get an alert for a particular item, you are risking stoppage in your manufacturing. Reminds me of the proverb :)

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Anand Doshi

Jul 21, 2014, 2:35:45 AM7/21/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Check if there are any errors in Setup > System > Scheduler Log.

-Anand.

rahul nejanawar

Jul 21, 2014, 2:44:01 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Anand,

No errors in Scheduler Log. If possible please tel me how to raise auto material request in details.

Regards,
Rahul
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Anand Doshi

Jul 21, 2014, 2:46:47 AM7/21/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
What is your setup like? Are you using bench? Did you set it up on your own? Could be that scheduler is not running.

-Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/67f0cc41-9ed9-4dbb-96bb-ca77d477c084%40googlegroups.com.

rahul nejanawar

Jul 21, 2014, 6:49:05 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Anand,

I m using frappe bench and  installed ERPNext 4 by using  https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench .
Please let  me know how to run schedular

Regards,
Rahul
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Anand Doshi

Jul 21, 2014, 7:47:46 AM7/21/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
did you use honcho start or are you using supervisor?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/39ba6ebb-0f55-495a-891d-ac6ceaec5345%40googlegroups.com.

rahul nejanawar

Jul 21, 2014, 8:13:49 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Anand I m using supervisor

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CAAQzbF3VL4ZhMcaAqC%2BDm6_QebuYUFh9yODsOkFQoBT0hRM0zg%40mail.gmail.com.

rahul nejanawar

Jul 22, 2014, 5:17:45 AM7/22/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What I tried
>Created an item named teacup and stored in warehouse named Store-My
>Mentioned reorder quantity as 50 and reorder level as 25 and saved(also enabled Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and Notify by Email on creation of automatic Material Request)
>Created Purchase receipt for an item tea cup and mentioned received quantity as 50 and submitted
>After that I created stock entry in that I transferred(Material Transfer) 36 teacups to warehouse named Finished Goods-My and submitted
>After that I not received any notification in Material request (notification about teacup )
My question is
>I mentioned teacup reorder level as 25 and when that reaches below reorder level(I transferred 35 teacup out of 50) it is not  Raising Material Request automatically?
I don't know exactly How it works so if I m wrong please correct me and help me I m new to ERPNext

Regards,
Rahul