Customer Reporting Problem

Mike Jones

Sep 15, 2014, 6:27:39 AM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Please go easy with me as new to ERPNext ands this is my first post as I'm working on implementing the software in our business :-)

So

My first stumbling block has been how I can manage our sales people with the system.

I have them set up and they can create customers and sales orders etc which works fine.

Moving on I need them to be able to do the account management as we require which involves giving each customer a followup call at set intervals after a sale (or custom if the customer requires)

With that in mind I created a custom field in the customer doc for "Next Contact Date". The sales person then updates this after a sales or after a contact with that customer.

I have then edited the customer report to include that field: http://prntscr.com/4n0kd9

The problem is it is only showing me 15 records and only those dates are next month.

What I'd like to be able to do is show all records paginated with the soonest contact required at the top.

Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks!

Mike

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 15, 2014, 7:24:33 AM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

On 15-Sep-2014, at 3:57 pm, Mike Jones <mike....@neogain.com> wrote:

[...]

How many records do you have? Should it show more?

if you think this is an error, check your javascript console.

What I'd like to be able to do is show all records paginated with the soonest contact required at the top.

Click on the header of the date column that should sort it.

Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks!

Mike

Addy

Sep 17, 2014, 9:27:43 AM9/17/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Sorry to barge in but I think I would be more interested in knowing as to how you plan to implement this frequent sales calling and how do you manage it, since even I have same field in customer by the name Next Contact Date but unfortunately have never been able to find a good way to track this on erpnext.

Sorry, Rushabh but this is on my ever so long wishlist since 3 years now and I hope more and more people ask for it so that you people could take it as a feature request ;)

On Monday, September 15, 2014 4:54:33 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
[...]

Mike Jones

Sep 25, 2014, 6:03:08 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushabh

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for coming back to me - the notification went through to my spam!

Yes basically we have over 100 customer records but the report is only showing me 20 or so, this seems to have happened since I edited which columns to display for that particular report

There's no errors reporting in the console so it looks like a query issue somehow but ive no idea how to fix

Thanks

Mike

Kind Regards

Mike Jones

PS - If you really want to know what I think subscribe to my blog: www.memyselfandmike.com

P: 0115 888 2209
M: 07857 922 999
T: @MeMyselfMike

This email and any attachments are sent in confidence and are not intended to be read by any person other than an intended recipient.  The recipient is responsible for conducting the appropriate virus checks and whilst appropriate security measures are in place, we give no warranty, express or implied, that this email is free of viruses or that its transmission has been secure.
If you receive this in error please contact us on 0115 888 2209. Any use, copying or dissemination of this email or any information contained in it to anyone other than an intended recipient is prohibited.
Internet communications are not secure and we accept no liability for any abuse of such communications by third parties nor for any alteration or corruption during transmission nor for any damage or loss caused by any virus or other defect.
Any and all communications sent to us may be monitored and/or stored by us to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, rules and policies.  All communications are handled in full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.  Our nominated representative under the Data Protection Act 1998 is Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Sep 25, 2014, 6:13:33 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Addy

Once again - missed the notifications on this thread!

The basic plan is to display this date on the report so the sales people can use it to systematically ring through each one due on that date, and then reschedule the next call.

Ideally I want to filter this by sales person and then contact date to ensure we're maintaining our account calls well.

In principle it will work well for us if I can just get the damn records to show up!

I have to say it would certainly be a very useful feature to be able to add that date to a calendar etc etc

Cheers

Mike

Umair Sayyed

Sep 26, 2014, 7:36:59 AM9/26/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Mike,

Perhaps Sales Person is not defined for each Customer. Please update Sales Person for each customer, and then check for record.

Reports has only 20 records loaded by default, you need to click on More to load more records in the report.

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Mike Jones

Sep 26, 2014, 10:43:22 AM9/26/14
to erpnext-user-forum
Hi Umair

Yep that was the problem - no sales person selected... does that hold tru for all custom reports then  - if a column is selected and is null it wont show in the report?

Cheers

Mike

Umair Sayyed

Sep 29, 2014, 2:35:09 AM9/29/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Mike,

This holds true for the child table. Since Sales Person field is located in the child table of customer master, if value in it is null, it doesn't list the parent Customer ID as well.

Anand Doshi

Sep 29, 2014, 2:38:26 AM9/29/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey. Someone please raise an issue about this on GitHub. This is solvable.

-Anand.

Mike Jones

Sep 29, 2014, 6:29:22 AM9/29/14
to erpnext-user-forum
Thanks for you help on this guys had me puzzled for a bit - will add to git hub shortly

Cheers!