Outgoing Email Settings Hangs

Muhammad Asim Baloch

Jun 6, 2014, 9:49:58 AM6/6/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I have tried different connections , even gmail settings in the outgoing email settings, to be sure i have defined the ip's in the etc/hosts too , to make sure if there is any resolving issue.

But when i save the settings , it takes infinite time and does nothing just hangs. Please advice.

John Wellar

Jun 7, 2014, 2:58:18 PM6/7/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
We experienced the same problem. Had to set to local host for time being. As we are still in implementation phase, have not sorted out for long term. Local host should work

Muhammad Asim Baloch

Jun 7, 2014, 4:04:15 PM6/7/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Issue is we have set the ERP on a VPS , and our mails are on our own server. i cannot do it locally. is there any-other way?

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 8, 2014, 12:45:56 AM6/8/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
There is no reason SMTP cannot run locally, we used to do it for a long time until we switched to Mandrill recently.