More on Batch Management

Federico Torreti

Jul 1, 2014, 2:12:37 PM7/1/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
For a given item number we might have different batch numbers (i.e. same item produced on different dates / different production lots for which we need to have traceability from PO to Delivery Note.

If we have an order of 600pcs for which we have 3 different production lots we need to add 3 items in the delivery note to be able to assign the quantity to a given batch.

A function we do miss from other ERP systems is the possibility to pick Batch Nr. and relative qty to assign so that for one Item in the delivery note one might have several Batch numbers so we can have the following:

Item    Description                      Qty
ABC    Custom Item                   600 Pcs
            Lot: 123 Qty: 200 Pcs
            Lot: 456 Qty: 200 Pcs
            Lot: 789 Qty: 200 Pcs

Instead we need to pick ABC 3 times.

Any chance to see this change?

Rushabh Mehta

Jul 2, 2014, 1:04:14 AM7/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion. GitHub Issues is the place for this. Depends on our list of urgent issues and how many users want it.

Federico Torreti

Aug 28, 2014, 3:36:17 AM8/28/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushabh - I opened a github issue for this: https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/2121

Is there a workaround you have in mind? This is making our shipping/delivery mgmnt complicated and we are working off-system using spreadsheets...not ideal...

On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 13:04:14 UTC+8, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
[...]

Umair Sayyed

Aug 28, 2014, 6:54:17 AM8/28/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Federico,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Federico Torreti <torr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rushabh - I opened a github issue for this: https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/2121

Is there a workaround you have in mind? This is making our shipping/delivery mgmnt complicated and we are working off-system using spreadsheets...not ideal...

Adding multiple rows for the batch item is the only option/work around available for now. Though now ideal, but workable till next upgrade on this front.

[...]

Federico Torreti

Aug 28, 2014, 7:09:59 AM8/28/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Umair - Thanks for the reply.Currently we are manually editing the PDF generated shipping documents because of specific tax regulations that are not accepting delivery notes longer than one page.

As I said, not ideal and any updates on this front would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Fede

On Thursday, 28 August 2014 18:54:17 UTC+8, Umair wrote:
[...]

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 29, 2014, 1:38:24 AM8/29/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Federico,