Multiple companies

David Blake

Aug 1, 2014, 12:27:53 PM8/1/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Is it possible to set up more than one company (in effect a legal entity, not a cost centre) within the ERP system?

Thanks

David

Nabin Hait

Aug 2, 2014, 12:08:32 AM8/2/14
to ERPNext User's Forum

Yes, yoy can create multiple company from Setup module. You can set default company in Setup  -> Global Defaults.

David Blake

Aug 2, 2014, 4:52:52 AM8/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nabain

Thanks for your reply.  I'm currently looking at the demo as I'm looking around to find the most appropriate solution for my business so I'm not familiar with where everything is.  How exactly do I find the globl defaults ie which screens do I need to access, which items to click etc.

Thanks

David

Nabin Hait

Aug 2, 2014, 5:32:21 AM8/2/14
to ERPNext User's Forum

Demo account does  not have all setup related pages. To evaluate the system efficiently you should create a trial account. There you will be able to access all setup and permission related stuff which is very essential for any business.

David Blake

Aug 2, 2014, 5:34:52 AM8/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nabin

Thanks again.  I'll do as you suggest and create a trial account.

David

gaurav chauhan

Aug 4, 2014, 1:38:01 AM8/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

i had same question.

now i can set companies in ERPNext.Now the question is there any provision to separate compinies entirely? after setting up i change global defaults to my aother company but still i can see the customers and other details of my previous company. the user`s of one company cannot/should not see the data of other company.

On 1 Aug 2014 21:57, "David Blake" <davidbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Is it possible to set up more than one company (in effect a legal entity, not a cost centre) within the ERP system?

Thanks

David

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 4, 2014, 3:03:07 AM8/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
To set completely different companies that do not share customers / suppliers, please setup different instances.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/50daacff-0be3-4d98-890a-aa1fd9a0cad8%40googlegroups.com.

gaurav chauhan

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 4, 2014, 4:49:56 AM8/4/14