Valuation rate in Sales Return

Khalid Abdu Said

Aug 13, 2014, 5:50:51 AM8/13/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I have two questions
1. Why is the valuation rate in sales return does not allow me to set my rate like in sales order, rather it is updating from stock Reconciliation. The problem is that during making sales return from a certain sales invoice the amount is not matching due to the valuation rate. Selling price not valuation rate is needed for that mater in time of selling and return transactions. I need it to be allowed to be edited.

2. Why it is only allowed making delivery note from sales order, why not from sales invoice too. Reason for my saying.
Scenario:  in our company the sales order and then the sales invoice is made by one person(cashier) and the delivery is done by a stock manager. Now, the cashier can make two sales orders for one item one with wrong specification and the other with correct one, she then made an invoice from the correct one, but when you come to the stock manager he has no idea which one is the correct sales order so that to make a delivery note. I see no correlation on the sales invoice to trace back the sales order. Please enable me to select also the sales invoice, or provide another solution for the messing up in stock.
Hope you understand my problem

Thanks

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Aug 13, 2014, 12:30:42 PM8/13/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
1. In case of sales return, valuation rate should not be selling rate. It should be landed cost of the item, because in delivery note/sales invoice, stock value reduced by that amount. Hence, if item returned, stock value will be increased by the landed cost of the item, not by selling amount.

2. You can make a Delivery Note against a Sales Invoice. But in that case, percentage delivery will not be updated in Sales invoice / order. It is very difficult to update delivery percentage, if there is no controlled document (in this case Sales Order), hence we always recommend to maintain a Sales Order.

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Aug 13, 2014, 12:31:29 PM8/13/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Khalid Abdu Said

Aug 14, 2014, 3:42:48 AM8/14/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nabin,
But there should be a relation between the sales invoice and sales order, isn't it? because i found it hard to know from which sales order does the sales invoice made.

Umair Sayyed

Aug 14, 2014, 5:34:47 AM8/14/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Khalid,

Checking "Linked With" option in Sales Order will list all the entries that Sales Order is connected with.

Check:
http://imgur.com/V5RsAfj
http://imgur.com/2zYTNnc

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Aug 14, 2014, 5:51:28 AM8/14/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
If you make a Sales Invoice from a Sales Order, the SO number updated on sales invoice item table. It is not in the main/parent form, as one invoice can be made against multiple SO.