Restricing user views

John Wellar

Jun 3, 2014, 10:06:13 PM6/3/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I want to achieve the following:

Restrict a user to only working with support tickets for a specific customer group.

The customer structure is a bit complex.

Level 1 - head office. 1 Group record
Level 2 - regional office. 12 Group records
Level 3 branch offices 5-7 Customer records per region

1. I set up a special user for this
2. Setup a specific role for this function
3. In permissions manager I setup a record for support tickets for this role

What I cannot setup is a User Permission Restrictions record

Is there a way to achieve what I want todo.

Thanks for your help
John

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 4, 2014, 1:03:12 AM6/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
John,

We are releasing an update later today that will enable you to do this.

1. Add a Custom Field of type Link for "Customer Group"
2. Check "Apply User Permissions" for Support Ticket
3. Add user restrictions for Customer Group - they will apply in all records that are linked to Customer Group.

John Wellar

Jun 4, 2014, 1:14:48 AM6/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Great,will forward to hearing when installed.
John

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/8F823893-0AE7-4D9F-AD2D-61A42DE6B693%40gmail.com.

mike

Jun 4, 2014, 3:24:42 PM6/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to this as well.

I was reading the guide (https://www.erpnext.com/user-guide/setting-up/setting-up-permissions) and was wondering if I had lost my mind because I couldn't see this in permissions manager. Glad to see I haven't lost my mind......yet.

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/4a6fe047-ab75-44bb-99b5-d9e473e89525%40googlegroups.com.

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 4, 2014, 11:00:34 PM6/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reminding - the Permission Manager is dated - will update this soon.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/62f69887-79a7-444d-bc53-2335a60c9b19%40googlegroups.com.