Statement of Account report

lxnow

Sep 11, 2013, 10:36:14 AM9/11/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Is there a Statement of Account report for a customer that is readily available for printing?

Nabin Hait

Sep 11, 2013, 12:15:28 PM9/11/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

You can use General Ledger report, filter based on customer account and then export to excel and print.

On 11 Sep 2013 20:06, "lxnow" <laur...@union.ph> wrote:
Is there a Statement of Account report for a customer that is readily available for printing?

lxnow

Sep 11, 2013, 7:39:41 PM9/11/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response, though I was hoping for something more HTML-based that can be readily printed.

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:15:28 AM UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:

You can use General Ledger report, filter based on customer account and then export to excel and print.

On 11 Sep 2013 20:06, "lxnow" <laur...@union.ph> wrote:
Is there a Statement of Account report for a customer that is readily available for printing?

Addy

Sep 12, 2013, 5:12:07 AM9/12/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Once again I agree with you Laurence.

Currently to send a statement from erpnext is a long process if which includes an extra step of exporting the statement from G/L to csv first and then we need to format that CSV file and then print.

Alas if this process could be shortened ( We really do demand a lot from you guys).

lxnow

Sep 12, 2013, 6:05:32 AM9/12/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
So it isn't just me :-)

Rajendren Subramaniam

Nov 20, 2013, 10:54:01 PM11/20/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Please please please do something about reporting. Exporting to excel and printing from there defeats the purpose of having an automated system.

furniture.elegance

Nov 20, 2013, 11:16:27 PM11/20/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys.
If there is anything we feel should be tops on the programmers list, it should be the statements.
We thought we were the only ones in dire need of this!
A fully automated statements is a must have..any one out there who has cracked it?
Firoze

lxnow

Rushabh Mehta

Nov 21, 2013, 12:46:38 AM11/21/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com, in...@elegance.co.ke
Yeah - this should certainly be priority.!

Any references (sample formats?)

Mahesh

Nov 29, 2013, 12:48:55 AM11/29/13
to ERPNext User's Forum
I too am in need of statements And various types of these.
Going to General Report / filter customer / export to csv is a bit tedius process and should be shortened.

I would suggest, a "form" that captures a customer or supplier id, then filters list of records ( sales, item report, purchase vouchers, list goes on and on ) can be worked out with.

So it will have fetched tabular data into the form which will have a one or multiple print format and the statements can be EMAILED / PRINTED / just like any other doc

A simillar process like creating Invoice, or Sales Order ( except putting values in item table, a filter query fetches values of List-of-Invoices-or-vouchers-based-on more criteria )

a suggestion that just came to my mind.

Regards,
Mahesh

Rajesh Sadashiven

Jun 12, 2014, 2:58:24 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushabh

Can you do something on reports as it is really time consuming to export reports as CSV format then editing it and then creating a PDF. Please do something for the same as it is really time consuming. This is the only aspect which ERPnext is lacking

Please do update

Rajesh

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 12, 2014, 4:26:09 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reminding. Is this format okay?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/9ccb7c01-9dc8-42c2-903b-e859d47286f8%40googlegroups.com.

Rajendren Subramaniam

Jun 12, 2014, 4:42:27 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

As mentioned in this mail trail on 21/11/2013 that “Exporting to excel and printing from there defeats the purpose of having an automated system.” Lack of proper reporting has caused me to start evaluating other system to rollout for our clients. Hence ERPnext has potential of losing rollout to few thousand clients.

furniture.elegance

Jun 12, 2014, 5:15:05 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
hi guys...

this is one issue i wish the team would give priority?

firoze

- - -
Furniture Elegance Ltd.
Paramount Plaza
P.O. Box 8776-00200
NAIROBI

Tel: 0702-842500 / 0722-206060
Web:
www.elegance.co.ke

Dimeji

Jun 12, 2014, 5:39:11 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I lend my voice to this also . Its always a pain exporting first to excel then using pivot tables etc.

A dynamic and robust reporting system will add immense value to an already fantastic application .

I do hope the team will prioritize this .

Rgds
From: "furniture.elegance" <furniture...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:15:04 +0300

Rajesh Sadashiven

Jun 12, 2014, 9:29:27 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushabh

The format seems good as long as the details are available for all ledger accounts. Also appreciate if you could extend the same to all the reports where the present reporting is in CSV Format.

Appreciate if you could please do implement it ASAP since many of my business associates in Sri lanka who are using Tally ERP had found your cloud software better and more useful and I have already recommended to them since they  also find your software economical , user friendly and more informative when compared to the present expenditure they are incurring

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 12, 2014, 9:33:35 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Rajesh,

This feature has been built and will be released next week. Thanks for the feedback and recommending ERPNext :)

best,
Rushabh

@rushabh_mehta

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/3c445ba1-35d7-400d-ae0a-b1432c1e4725%40googlegroups.com.

Rajesh

Jun 12, 2014, 11:30:28 AM6/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick response. Please do inform me once it is implemented and also the procedure to get the reports in the format you had mentioned. I am not a software professional. Therefore kindly update me on the same.

One more point is there a possibility to record the Over Time and Special Over time in projects since my factory runs all 365 days and I need to batch the Time Log through Projects which I am trying to do . This will also help me to ascertain the costing on product wise manufacture for better MIS and Cost Control

Please do advise

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 12, 2014, 2:47:46 PM6/12/14
On 12-Jun-2014, at 9:00 pm, Rajesh <roc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your quick response. Please do inform me once it is implemented and also the procedure to get the reports in the format you had mentioned. I am not a software professional. Therefore kindly update me on the same.

They will be updated in the product itself.

One more point is there a possibility to record the Over Time and Special Over time in projects since my factory runs all 365 days and I need to batch the Time Log through Projects which I am trying to do . This will also help me to ascertain the costing on product wise manufacture for better MIS and Cost Control

Please do advise

If you can detail down the requirement, there could be many ways to get this done. Maybe one of our partners can help you.