Sales Return without Maintaining Stock - For purpose of Issuing a Credit Note with Item Details

Javier

Sep 23, 2014, 12:22:36 AM9/23/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,

Not sure if this has been covered previously, tried to search forums but to no avail.

We have a scenario where we need to issue Credit Notes to customers for Sales Returns. E.g. we issue 10 units of Item A but the customer rejects 2 units, as such, we need to issue a credit note against those 2 items and then perform a refund.

We have explored the default credit note functionality and whilst from an accounting perspective we can issue the credit note against the relevant ledgers, we cannot list the items that will be returned for subsequent printing of the CN with the item details for the customer.

I noticed that there is a Sales Return document that can be created within the Stock module but however it requires stock to be maintained within ERPNext.

1) Is there a way we can issue a Sales Return docuemtn without maintaining stock?
2) or, Is there a way we can issue a credit note with item details?

Thank you very much once again.

Javier

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Sep 23, 2014, 1:11:39 AM9/23/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
The feature is not available right now.

Is there any particular reason behind not maintaining stock for those items?

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Javier

Sep 23, 2014, 1:27:54 AM9/23/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Our organisation currently involves traded goods which does not really require us to maintain stock since it is pretty much a supplier to customer relationship where we are like a middleman.

Any workarounds you can suggest? I just need some form of CN or Sales Return with item listing and total cost. We can perform the CN which actually posts to Accounts manually.

Thanks Nabin.

Javier

On Sep 23, 2014, at 9:52 AM, Javier <boh...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Umair Sayyed

Sep 23, 2014, 6:03:26 AM9/23/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Javier,

Negative Stock feature shall allow you creating Sales Return entry. But currently it validation if Delivery Note or Sales Invoice (any stock transaction) is selected in it or no. By customization, if you can bypass that validation (not recommend), you will be able to create Sales Return via Stock Entry.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/1d300f01-8910-43e5-bbff-a90a7836a1db%40googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Omkar Ghatpande

Sep 27, 2014, 6:29:10 AM9/27/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
A scenario I've come across in case of Sales Returns -

A Company sells 10 items of which 4 are damaged in transit which need to be returned and/or refunded.

Now instead of getting those damaged items back to their warehouse, to avoid transportation cost, the Company asks their Customer to dispose off damaged items and issues Store Credit against those items after verification.

I think we can achieve this if a 'Transaction Affects Stock' check-box similar to Invoices is added in case of Sales/Purchase returns Stock Entry.

My two cents,

Omkar

Javier

Umair Sayyed

Sep 30, 2014, 6:05:30 AM9/30/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Debit/Credit Note can be made without Stock Entry of return as well. You can directly create new Journal Voucher to adjust accounting in case of return.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/6a969aba-acce-4c0b-8643-779b422ba511%40googlegroups.com.