Advance in Payment Tool

Akshay Mehta

Sep 18, 2014, 9:11:43 AM9/18/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Can the payment tool be used to create an advance payment entry also? (ie. Customer having no outstanding amount).

regards
Akshay

Umair Sayyed

Sep 18, 2014, 1:12:59 PM9/18/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Akshay,

Advance payment entry is not made from Payment Tool, but from Journal Voucher. Check following link for help in making advance payment entry.

https://erpnext.com/user-guide/accounts/advance-payment-entry

Payment Tool is mainly to reconcile unadjusted invoices and Journal Vouchers.

https://erpnext.com/user-guide/accounts/payment-tool

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Akshay Mehta

Sep 19, 2014, 12:50:13 AM9/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

To be very frank i have been waiting to see this tool ever since i joined the forum.

I have already seen the journal voucher. But I feel 'advance entry thru the tool' would be an added advantage for a person with no accounting knowledge.

Regards
Akshay

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Sep 19, 2014, 1:11:11 AM9/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
You can make advance payment entry against a Sales Order via Payment Tool.

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 19, 2014, 1:11:36 AM9/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Please add your suggestions to GitHub...