Hello everyone, best practices for products?

Xavier Soler

May 15, 2014, 6:03:41 AM5/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently downloaded a virtual image of next erp. I think it is an amazing soft, powerfull, nice and clean interface... I love it.
I've been reading the manual and started playing with some settings.

We are testing next erp for our fashion brand. We need this software only for stock management, sales and clients. We are not manufacturers.
I need some advice on good practice in products:

1- Product variants.
As a fashion retail, we sell products with different sizes. For example, a shirt has diferent sizes (S,M,L, XL...). All sizes has same price.
I know that can be different products but then we need to know information about sizes, like how many S sizes we sell or we have of all products.
Is there a way to add custom fields? and this fields showed or filtered on reports?
Do you know any solution?

2- Warehouse
¿Can a product be distributed in different warehouses?
Example: Blue Cotton shirt: 3 units on warehouse A, 2 untis on warehouse B...

3-Point of sale.
I saw screenshots of the point of sale and it looks great.
I can not find any information related to the point of sale. How can I activate and access point of sale?

Thanks, Xavier Soler

Priya Shrivastava

May 15, 2014, 7:38:51 AM5/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xavier,

We are glad you like our product.

1. Regarding Item Variant: Currently there is already a request for this feature and it is on our "to-do" list. You can visit Github, the link given below and add more feature details to the same issue.

If you begin right away, you can make different Item codes for different shirt sizes and track stock balance quantity. However, if you do not require individual stock you can make 1 Item code and make a custom field in Sales Order Item table for size variants. Please note, this will be for print purpose only not for reports.

2. If you have made different Item codes for different shirts you can stock them in different warehouses. You can check the balance under the report " Stock Projected Quantity"

3. I am sending you the point of sale link.

In case you have any more queries, do mail me. I will be happy to help.

Priya

Xavier Soler

May 15, 2014, 10:04:54 AM5/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Priya,

1. I'll follow this issue on github.

3. Perfect. POS icon is very hard to find :)