Checking the available stock in the system

Surendran

Jul 21, 2014, 5:21:55 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

When we create the sales order the system shows the stock available quantity against each item. Unfortunately this quantity shown is without considering the stock expected (Meaning the PO made and the goods are on the way to the warehouse) and the earlier sales orders committed. Ideally there should be 3 columns.
1. Actual quantity - this is currently available
2. Expected orders for PO are made - Not available
3. Commitments made thru SO - Not available

The actual stock available for any future commitment should be current stock + Expected Stock - Committed Stock. This is also called free stock.

Whenever we create the sales order the above information should be available on the data entry screen for any product selected which will make the process accurate and fast.

Please advise, Regards, Surendran

Nabin Hait

Jul 21, 2014, 2:37:01 PM7/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com