Journal Voucher - Purchase Invoice

Antreas A

Sep 23, 2014, 6:51:44 AM9/23/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Journal Voucher - Many times it may not be necessary to accrue an expense, it can be directly booked against an expense account. In this case, how can the VAT be recorded in the Purchase VAT control account  and the net amount in the Purchase Register ? , do we have to make purchase invoices for every expense ?

Example: I have a receipt from a restaurant or from a taxi driver, this expenses are consider as purchases for my business, and have to be included in the purchase register and VAT control account- if applicable.

Double entry is :

Debit : Expense (net amount).

Debit : VAT Control account –if applicable.

Credit : Bank (gross amount).

If I have to make a purchase invoice for every small receipt I have, that means I have to add also all items charged on each receipt!

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 24, 2014, 12:47:33 AM9/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
You can directly book without accruing, but you will not have a trace of the Supplier. Its best specially when you have VAT to book the Purchase Invoice.

You can use File > Copy if you are making many similar items :)

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

robert

Sep 24, 2014, 7:21:38 PM9/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
in the decription field you can add details of the receipts you are booking, which restaurant, petrol and how many liters etc

Antreas A