Centos 5 or Centos 6.5

Camilo

Aug 20, 2014, 6:19:57 PM8/20/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I would appreciate any help on this before I go further with ERPNext.
I would like to install it and implement my self on a  virtual CentOS server. Since I have Centos 5 and I read about CentOS 6, I wonder if it is necessary to upgrade my System and if it makes a diference for ERPNext funktionality.

Thanks,
Camilo

Sunil Kumar

Aug 21, 2014, 12:12:03 AM8/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Camilio,

No need to upgrade the Centos untill and unless you would like to feel Centos new UX/UI and improved features. You will get all features of ERPNext on Centos 5 also.

----
Sunil
Partner for ERPNext

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 21, 2014, 3:01:51 AM8/21/14
On 21-Aug-2014, at 3:49 am, Camilo <camilo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would appreciate any help on this before I go further with ERPNext.
I would like to install it and implement my self on a  virtual CentOS server. Since I have Centos 5 and I read about CentOS 6, I wonder if it is necessary to upgrade my System and if it makes a diference for ERPNext funktionality.

I think there is a Python 2.7 dependency - you will also have to install MariaDB 5 and other dependencies - We know it works in CentOS 6

Thanks,
Camilo

Anand Doshi

Aug 21, 2014, 3:09:39 AM8/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
CentOS 6 will have least hassle. Though you can install it on a CentOS 5 machine with a bit of work. Check IUS community repos for installing python 2.7 and nginx

Anand.

Camilo Correa

Aug 21, 2014, 5:08:37 AM8/21/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com