Edit print layouts

elste...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2014, 11:05:04 AM9/11/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

erpNext 4.1.0 on Frappe 4.1.0

i'm evaluating ERPNext product as it looks very promising. First thing i want to customize is the layout of the documents to fulfill german regulations. Could someone point me the direction to edit the layout of quotations, orders, invoices, delivery notes.

When i go to Setup > Printing and Branding > Print Format i get a list of the following items:
  • Cheque Printing Format
  • Payment Receipt Voucher
  • Credit Note
  • POS Invoice

Here i expected a list of all templates, but only get these 4 entries (no filters defined). Could you please tell me, the right way to edit the layout templates?

Thank you,

Stefan

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 12, 2014, 1:08:13 AM9/12/14
On 11-Sep-2014, at 8:35 pm, elste...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

erpNext 4.1.0 on Frappe 4.1.0

i'm evaluating ERPNext product as it looks very promising.

Thanks

First thing i want to customize is the layout of the documents to fulfill german regulations. Could someone point me the direction to edit the layout of quotations, orders, invoices, delivery notes.

When i go to Setup > Printing and Branding > Print Format i get a list of the following items:
  • Cheque Printing Format
  • Payment Receipt Voucher
  • Credit Note
  • POS Invoice

Here i expected a list of all templates, but only get these 4 entries (no filters defined). Could you please tell me, the right way to edit the layout templates?

They are auto generated from the layout of the form. You can add new fields customize it via

Setup > Customize > Customize Form View

To hide fields from the print format, click on "Print Hide"

Thank you,

Stefan

elste...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2014, 5:21:36 AM9/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Ok. Cool. There i can customize the fields that are going to be printed.

And how could i change the visual layout, for example of a printed sales invoice?

Am Freitag, 12. September 2014 07:08:13 UTC+2 schrieb Rushabh Mehta:

[...]

Umair Sayyed

Sep 12, 2014, 5:26:01 AM9/12/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Stefan,

Customizing layout of standard print format is not available for now. You should create Custom Print Format for this.

Setup >> Printing and Branding >> Print Format

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/aa0c90f5-0a4b-4084-b959-920fe871feb8%40googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

elste...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2014, 9:59:18 AM9/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Ok, i can do this. It would be easier to copy the exisiting template and customize it. Where could i find the template html for the exisiting standard invoice template (from the git repo or filesystem of an installation)?

Thanks for your assistance,
Stefan
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 12, 2014, 12:30:09 PM9/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Those are auto generated from the field layout based on the field sequence and print hide properties.

@rushabh_mehta
via mobile
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-fo...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/9c652454-7dec-4545-af57-f35804a0195c%40googlegroups.com.

elste...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2014, 8:36:29 AM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushab, ok that is understood. Now while authoring the print format i want to access and print some properties:

a) the number of the delivery note that might exist for this invoice
b) the number of the sales order and customers purchase order number
c) the name of the project that we might bill time logs for

Is there a way to print all properties for the doc variable and how can i access external (or connected) documents?

Thanks,
Stefan

Sunil Kumar

Sep 15, 2014, 11:39:40 PM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stefan,

Replying inline...

----
Sunil
Partner for ERPNext

On Monday, September 15, 2014 6:06:29 PM UTC+5:30, elste...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Rushab, ok that is understood. Now while authoring the print format i want to access and print some properties:

a) the number of the delivery note that might exist for this invoice

Visit setup > customize > customize form > (select invoice) . Then you will get a field section where you can "uncheck" the print hide propertise for respective field you want on print.
b) the number of the sales order and customers purchase order number

Same as above