Calling all European users

MidnightBolt

Aug 13, 2014, 3:22:23 PM8/13/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

To introduce myself, I'm a Microsoft Dynamics NAV consultant (been so for 15+ years), based in Belgium. Currently I'm evaluating ERPNext to see if it fits Belgian/European tax rules. ERPNext operates very different from NAV and it's a lot of getting used to but I like what I'm seeing so far!

I'm also in the process of correcting translations in Dutch, as they are a monstrosity :D (see https://github.com/MidnightBolt/erpnext)

What I would like to do is get in touch with and maybe set up some community for EU ERPNext users.

The first thing I would like to achieve is implementing the BE normalised chart of accounts and the VAT tax rules. To that end, I would appreciate if anyone could send me an export of their accounts table. Choose Setup, Data, Import / Export Data. Choose  Account as template. (but you probably knew that :))

Hope to hear from you,

MidnightBolt.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 14, 2014, 12:02:30 AM8/14/14
On 14-Aug-2014, at 12:52 am, MidnightBolt <dennis....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

To introduce myself, I'm a Microsoft Dynamics NAV consultant (been so for 15+ years), based in Belgium. Currently I'm evaluating ERPNext to see if it fits Belgian/European tax rules. ERPNext operates very different from NAV and it's a lot of getting used to but I like what I'm seeing so far!

Great - welcome to the community..! We can learn a lot from your experience.

I'm also in the process of correcting translations in Dutch, as they are a monstrosity :D (see https://github.com/MidnightBolt/erpnext)

What I would like to do is get in touch with and maybe set up some community for EU ERPNext users.

Sure you could do that, but I think the community is too small for that, but you are welcome to take any initiative you think is important.

The first thing I would like to achieve is implementing the BE normalised chart of accounts and the VAT tax rules. To that end, I would appreciate if anyone could send me an export of their accounts table. Choose Setup, Data, Import / Export Data. Choose  Account as template. (but you probably knew that :))

We are in the process of setting up the system with a country specific chart of accounts. This feature has been in the works for a while, but the way our priority is that major energy goes in support of users who are well into the product cycle, but this will come soon:

(thanks to O___ERP)

Hope to hear from you,

MidnightBolt.

MidnightBolt

Aug 14, 2014, 5:28:01 AM8/14/14

Op donderdag 14 augustus 2014 06:02:30 UTC+2 schreef Rushabh Mehta:
[...]

I had seen something somewhere about country specific charts of accounts. I just took a look at the github link you psoted above but I don't see anything that looks like a normalised chart of accounts for belgium. If you would like an example, have a look here: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genormaliseerd_rekeningstelsel/bijlage it is in Dutch but you'll get a feel for it.

From the company master, I customized the form to show the hidden 'chart of accounts' section so I could choose the be coa but when I opened the form, i got an error that i did not have permissions...

Hope to hear from you,

MidnightBolt.

MidnightBolt

Rushabh Mehta

Dennis Decoene

Aug 16, 2014, 1:56:12 PM8/16/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If you read my post closely, i explained to the readers how to export their chart of accounts.So I know how to do that and hence this was not an answer to my question.

What I wanted is to see how an EU user, any EU user, arranged his chart of accounts and compare that to our chart.

regards