Hiding certain fields for submitted quotations & Sales Orders etc

Rasika Dhingra

Aug 13, 2014, 2:06:40 PM8/13/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have just started using ERPNext a few days ago and still working out the suitability of it for our purpose.

Since most of our RFQs are tender based (govt sector) and are price sensitive. So i want to know if it possible to hide the price fields (rate, amount, total etc) for the quotations that are submitted based on the type of RFQ.

We have two types of RFQ as budgetary and firm.

For budgetary enquiries, we have a price list and prices are given from that, so for this type of enquiries, a sales user can create and submit the quotation.

For firm enquiries/tenders which are price sensitive, a sales user can make a quotation but not submit it.
The quotation will be submitted by the sales manager upon reviewing the prices and putting the best possible prices. Once the quotation is submitted, only the sales manager can see the prices.
The sales user can see this quotation, but the price related fields should be blank or hidden.

The same is also applicable for purchase. We have some import purchases also, and dont want the purchase user to see the rates for import POs, only a sales manager should be able to see it.

I hope i have managed to put across my query.

Thanks
Rasika Dhingra

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 13, 2014, 11:55:49 PM8/13/14
On 13-Aug-2014, at 11:36 pm, Rasika Dhingra <rasik...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I have just started using ERPNext a few days ago and still working out the suitability of it for our purpose.

Since most of our RFQs are tender based (govt sector) and are price sensitive. So i want to know if it possible to hide the price fields (rate, amount, total etc) for the quotations that are submitted based on the type of RFQ.

You will have to set field level permissions for this.

1. Go to Setup > Customize > Customize Form and select "Quotation Item"
2. Set higher field "Permission Level" (say 1) on the fields you want to restrict
3. Open the Permission Manager via Setup > User and Permission > Role Permission Manger
4. Select "Quotation" and add a new rule at Level 1 where the Sales Manager has "read"

We have two types of RFQ as budgetary and firm.

For budgetary enquiries, we have a price list and prices are given from that, so for this type of enquiries, a sales user can create and submit the quotation.

Give Submit rights to only the Sales Manager

For firm enquiries/tenders which are price sensitive, a sales user can make a quotation but not submit it.
The quotation will be submitted by the sales manager upon reviewing the prices and putting the best possible prices. Once the quotation is submitted, only the sales manager can see the prices.
The sales user can see this quotation, but the price related fields should be blank or hidden.

The same is also applicable for purchase. We have some import purchases also, and dont want the purchase user to see the rates for import POs, only a sales manager should be able to see it.

Again - you can configure this via field level permissions.