Sub Division Setup

sara...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2014, 5:59:04 AM9/6/14
to Erpnext
‎Hello everyone,

I am unable to understand a setup, your help is highly appreciated.

A manufacturing company has multiple factory locations and a corporate division in India.

Every division maintains its own accounting and P&L. A consolidated P&L and balance sheet is prepared for statutory compliance, but individual accounts are required internally to check the profitability of every division.

I tried company-sub-company route, but didn't see hierarchy possible, also, there is no consolidation available.

Another way I see is setting up cost centres for every division and creating a hierarchy of cost centres.

Is there a better way of handling this setup?

Thanks in advance.

Sarang

Sent from my mobile device.

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 8, 2014, 12:52:03 AM9/8/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
On 06-Sep-2014, at 3:29 pm, sara...@gmail.com wrote:

‎Hello everyone,

I am unable to understand a setup, your help is highly appreciated.

A manufacturing company has multiple factory locations and a corporate division in India.

Every division maintains its own accounting and P&L. A consolidated P&L and balance sheet is prepared for statutory compliance, but individual accounts are required internally to check the profitability of every division.

I tried company-sub-company route, but didn't see hierarchy possible, also, there is no consolidation available.

Another way I see is setting up cost centres for every division and creating a hierarchy of cost centres.

Thats your best bet right now!