ERP Next searching for product groups

Maaz Contractor

Sep 1, 2014, 7:32:08 AM9/1/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
We have seen that when searching for products within product groups, nested product hierarchies are not considered.

E.g. with this structure:

Category A
    - Category AB
    - Category AC

If I search for all products in "Category A" products which are set in the nested child categories "AB" and "AC" do not show up.
Is this a known bug ?

~Maaz

Anand Doshi

Sep 1, 2014, 7:48:31 AM9/1/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hi Maaz,

Where exactly are you searching for Products? Can you share a screenshot for us to get some context?

-Anand.

Maaz

Sep 1, 2014, 2:21:03 PM9/1/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anand,

I have attached 3 screenshots.

It shows the Item Group hierarchy and then shows that filtering at the parent Item group does not show the products which have a child item group set.
The product only shows up if we search for the exact particular child item group that is set in the product.

Please take a look and advise how we can browse products from Item Groups.

Thanks,
Maaz

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 11.15.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 11.16.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 11.17.07 AM.png

Umair Sayyed

Sep 2, 2014, 5:04:39 AM9/2/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Maaz,

Filtering items master based on Parent Item Group value is not available for now. Please create Github Issue for this feature suggestion.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Check Stock Balance report for Items listing based on their Item group.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

wa...@xavierltd.com

Sep 2, 2014, 5:51:51 AM9/2/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
‎Hi guys,

Trust everyone's doing great. I observed that in version 4 all users have access to the ‎Setup module through the All Applications module. For many administrators, this is a no-no! Granted that they can't create or modify but why should all users see things like all roles created on the system, user permission manager, company information etc if they have no business there? It's a different thing if the user has been given rights like setting user permissions or system manager.

All this wouldn't have been an issue if we could simply hide the All Applications module just like every other module but alas, it doesn't work! We've tried un-checking the module in the show/hide module panel under setup but it doesn't get hidden! I'm not sure of the logic behind making this module compulsory for all users unless of course if it's a bug?

Please advise

Kind regards,
Olawale‎

Maaz

Sep 2, 2014, 8:33:21 AM9/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Created a new issue here.

It would be great if this can be prioritized and acted upon accordingly.

Thanks,
Maaz

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 2, 2014, 9:00:07 AM9/2/14