Stock not reducing when the Sales Order is generated

Tahseen Jamal

Jul 24, 2014, 9:46:14 AM7/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
When I generated order, my stock on POS should reduce so that I know how much is left that I need to sell more

The stock reduces only when delivery note is generated

Why is the flow like this?

Anand Doshi

Jul 24, 2014, 9:48:26 AM7/24/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Stock either reduces based on Sales Invoice with update stock checked, or Delivery Note. Order is just a promise of a Sale / Delivery, but not the actual deed.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.

Tahseen Jamal

Aug 11, 2014, 1:56:51 AM8/11/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Anand,

Let us consider Ebay, where the stock is blocked for me certain period when I order even when I have not paid. As in till I reach the payment gateway, the stock is blocked for me.

Like booking tickets on Yatra or Makemytrip, the seat is blocked while am filling details and moving towards payment

Need total stock to be shown on POS
Stock to reduce on order and again add up on cancelling an order
Delivery date to be shown on Order generation

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Aug 11, 2014, 8:14:51 AM8/11/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
When you book a Sales Order, “Reserved Qty” is increased for all items and if you can cel the order it’s decreased. You can get all the qty components like actual qty, reserved qty, ordered qty etc in “Stock -> Main Reports -> Stock Projected Qty” report.

But those reserved qty is just for reference, it does not tagged with any order. Hence, even if an item is reserved against a SO, it can be delivered via another SO.

We will implement actual blocking of reserved items while integrating payment gateway with ERPNext.

Tahseen Jamal

Aug 12, 2014, 4:14:39 AM8/12/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Nabin,

We want Quantity blocking on Sales Order generation. We are willing to pay for this customisation. We don't need payment gateway

On Aug 11, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Tahseen Jamal <tahsee...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anand,

Let us consider Ebay, where the stock is blocked for me certain period when I order even when I have not paid. As in till I reach the payment gateway, the stock is blocked for me.

Like booking tickets on Yatra or Makemytrip, the seat is blocked while am filling details and moving towards payment

Need total stock to be shown on POS
Stock to reduce on order and again add up on cancelling an order
Delivery date to be shown on Order generation

Anand Doshi

Aug 12, 2014, 4:41:02 AM8/12/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hi Tahseen,

We will take it up as a generic requirement. Here's the issue I've created on GitHub: https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/2054

Thanks,
Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/6dfbe59c-0710-4bbe-9114-bb58cb06f5a3%40googlegroups.com.

Anand Doshi

Aug 12, 2014, 4:42:24 AM8/12/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
@Tahseen,

Clarification: we will block the qty on "Submission" of Sales Order.

-Anand.

Tahseen Jamal

Aug 13, 2014, 1:08:46 AM8/13/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Anand / Nabin,

When can we look at this feature go live? Also

Sales Order should have a delivery date. Most of the Sales Order require a delivery date so that the client can agree and then ask us to raise invoice

And on POS, total stock for each item should be shown so that the sales person can sell as much as shown

Nabin Hait (ERPNext)

Aug 13, 2014, 12:31:14 PM8/13/14
On Aug 13, 2014, at 10:38 AM, Tahseen Jamal <tahsee...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anand / Nabin,

When can we look at this feature go live? Also

We can’t commit any date for the feature, but we will try to implement it asap.

Sales Order should have a delivery date. Most of the Sales Order require a delivery date so that the client can agree and then ask us to raise invoice

Sales Order already have “Expected Delivery Date” field.

And on POS, total stock for each item should be shown so that the sales person can sell as much as shown

Will discuss with team