About Discount

Khalid Abdu Said

Mar 4, 2014, 8:47:41 AM3/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,

Why is discount not working in Quotation?
Please check it out
Thank You

Umair Sayyed

Mar 5, 2014, 5:50:34 AM3/5/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Khalid,

The discount% is applicable on Price List Rate of an item. If Item's Price List rate is blank, entering discount will not have any effect on the item's Basic Rate.

To pull Item's Price List Rate, you should:
  • Create Item Price master from:

    Item >> Add/Edit Item Price >> Add New

                           Or

  • Make Price List Rate field in sales transactions editable from:

    Selling >> Selling Setting >> Allow editing Price List Rate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Khalid Abdu Said

wa...@xavierltd.com

Mar 5, 2014, 9:45:19 AM3/5/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
hi Umair,

Is there a reason for this approach? It seems a bit confusing especially for Sales Users trying to apply a discount at the point of sale (in a scenario where Price List has not been setup).

Is there anything wrong with being able to apply a discount to the Basic ‎Rate?

Kind regards,
Olawale Olowu
wa...@xavierltd.com
Mar 6, 2014, 12:43:17 AM3/6/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Olawale,

Our upcoming version (4) will allow you to enter discount amount. This will be applicable on item's basic rate.