Float Precision set to 4, but PO Line Item unit price only accepts two decimal places.

Jev Björsell

Mar 8, 2014, 5:30:01 PM3/8/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

As the subject says, my system has Float Precision set to 4, but when creating a PO, the Line Item unit price always rounds to two decimal places. There appears to be java script code that is forcing the rounding.

I'm running v3.8.9.

This issue is really hurting us, some quick help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Jev

Jev Björsell

Mar 8, 2014, 5:31:45 PM3/8/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
The same is true for the import rate fields on Purchase Invoice Items.

Umair Sayyed

Mar 10, 2014, 6:45:57 AM3/10/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello Jev,

Fields in question Price List Rate, Basic Rate and Amount are "Currency" Field. If you want value of Float Precision to have impact on these field, you will need to change their Field Type from "Currency" to "Float".

You can change field type of a field from Customize Form.

http://erpnext.org/customize-form

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Jev Björsell

Jun 25, 2014, 8:56:13 PM6/25/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Raising this issue again. There is a github issue logged for the matter here also: https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/1475

Can the precision matter for rate be addressed now that 4.0 has been shipped?

Thanks,
-Jev

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 2:30:01 PM UTC-8, Jev Björsell wrote:

As the subject says, my system has Float Precision set to 4, but when creating a PO, the Line Item unit price always rounds to two decimal places. There appears to be java script code that is forcing the rounding.

I'm running v3.8.9.

This issue is really hurting us, some quick help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Jev

Jev Björsell

Jul 10, 2014, 3:13:14 PM7/10/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Sorry to be the broken record, any updates on this matter? Will if be addressed, or is precision greater than 2 decimals on unit price a 'Wont Fix' matter?

Thanks
-Jev

Rushabh Mehta

Jul 10, 2014, 10:00:56 PM7/10/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Jev, we will discuss this today and let you know when we can schedule this.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/c6c4462c-933a-4467-a63c-fc30e1b4176f%40googlegroups.com.

Federico Torreti

Aug 29, 2014, 10:08:56 PM8/29/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Rushabh - Folks a proposal to resolve the issue of decimals, floats and currency would be to use a unit price multiplier in the item master as several ERP system do regarding currency type with only 2 decimals, while doing calculations with whathever float arithmetic precision the user sets up in the global settings. For example let's say my unitary price before tax is: 3.223324 (yes unfortunately it can be that long) all I had to do in the past when using a different system was to set a multiplier to 10000, 6 digits for float calculations and the unit price would be recorded as: 32,233.24 in a currency field.

Any rendering of the price in any reports would be currrency field value/multiplier and therefore displayed as 3.223324.

We are having a hard time with the changes to data types because due to the large number of vendors, and constantly changing rates, we often have the need to work with 5 or 6 digits.

Having changed all the field types to Float, you can imagine what that does to all our reports, invoices, quotations...

What is your idea about implementing a multiplier and leave all currency fields as such?

Jev Björsell

Sep 4, 2014, 6:23:54 PM9/4/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I would welcome this approach greatly.

Federico Torreti

Sep 15, 2014, 5:33:22 AM9/15/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushabh - Any thoughts on this proposal?

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 16, 2014, 12:54:45 AM9/16/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Federico,

I had a chat with the team regarding this. We have fixed losses due to fractions in most places. If you come across an instance where you have experienced a loss due to fraction, please post it.

If there is some place we cannot fix it, then we can introduce a quantity multiplier in Item Price - but I am not sure how deep we will need to take this (seems like a open ended project right now)

best,
Rushabh

@rushabh_mehta

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/3e377711-cb2e-469a-aa4a-64ba3acd1aca%40googlegroups.com.