Installation Issue

Sultan Ghaznawi

May 27, 2014, 10:51:59 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I followed the instructions posted at https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench/blob/master/Readme.md and I did not see a single error. I was able to start the ERPNext application in development as specified in that page and connect to the application on port 8000. When I started supervisor and nginx (using sudo on Ubuntu 14.04 server), everything went well and again I did not see any problems. I executed the production deployment scripts and they were copied fine.

I restarted the server and instead of being able to access ERPNext on port 80, I get a page not found error. Can you please point me as to what could be wrong? For your info, it is a virtual server on VirtualBox and is fully connected to my LAN.

Thanks,

Sultan

Pratik Vyas

May 27, 2014, 11:02:30 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Maybe supervisor is not running. What does `supervisorctl status` say?
> Thanks,
>
> Sultan
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/36db81de-f69b-4903-b836-f67b9159e2aa%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Sultan Ghaznawi

May 27, 2014, 11:12:42 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I can not run that command without sudo (gives me a permission denied error), when I do use sudo I see that it is running:

frappe:frappe-web                  RUNNING ...
frappe:frappe-worker              RUNNING ...
frappe:frappe-workerbeat        RUNNING ...

Does this mean that the application is not running?

Sultan

Pratik Vyas

May 27, 2014, 11:21:00 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Sultan Ghaznawi
<sultan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can not run that command without sudo (gives me a permission denied
> error), when I do use sudo I see that it is running:
>
> frappe:frappe-web RUNNING ...
> frappe:frappe-worker RUNNING ...
> frappe:frappe-workerbeat RUNNING ...
>
> Does this mean that the application is not running?
>
> Sultan

Is nginx running? `service nginx status-`

--
Pratik
erpnext

Sultan Ghaznawi

May 27, 2014, 11:25:12 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Oh, this command tells me that nginx is not running. Do I need to make any customization to any config files? I ran the config file copy at the end of the installation guide.

Pratik Vyas

May 27, 2014, 11:28:05 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM, Sultan Ghaznawi
<sultan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, this command tells me that nginx is not running. Do I need to make any
> customization to any config files? I ran the config file copy at the end of
> the installation guide.

you can run `sudo update-rc.d nginx defaults` to run it on boot
(please check if this works). You can start nginx manually using
`service nginx start`

--
Pratik
erpnext

Sultan Ghaznawi

May 27, 2014, 11:31:35 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

The 'sudo update-rc.d nginx defaults' responds that it already exists and the start manual start command simply returns without any errors but the status check shows that the service is not started regarding of whether the command is run by sudo or user.

Another thing to note, probably could be the issue is that when I ran './scripts/install.sh single [sitename [dbname]]' command I kept the brackets in place such as '... [mysitename [mydbname]]'. I think that was a mistake and created some problem. Can you confirm?

Thanks,

Sultan

Pratik Vyas

May 27, 2014, 11:35:38 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Sultan Ghaznawi
<sultan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pratik,
>
> The 'sudo update-rc.d nginx defaults' responds that it already exists and
> the start manual start command simply returns without any errors but the
> status check shows that the service is not started regarding of whether the
> command is run by sudo or user.

Then it should have started on boot automatically.

> Another thing to note, probably could be the issue is that when I ran
> './scripts/install.sh single [sitename [dbname]]' command I kept the
> brackets in place such as '... [mysitename [mydbname]]'. I think that was a
> mistake and created some problem. Can you confirm?

That would have created the database name and site directory with the brackets.

> Thanks,
>
> Sultan
>

> On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:28:05 AM UTC-4, Pratik Vyas wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM, Sultan Ghaznawi
>> <sultan....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Oh, this command tells me that nginx is not running. Do I need to make
>> > any
>> > customization to any config files? I ran the config file copy at the end
>> > of
>> > the installation guide.
>> >

>> you can run `sudo update-rc.d nginx defaults` to run it on boot
>> (please check if this works). You can start nginx manually using
>> `service nginx start`
>>
>> --
>> Pratik
>> erpnext
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/d47a47f2-a9cb-4496-90ba-cd5777079555%40googlegroups.com.

Sultan Ghaznawi

May 27, 2014, 11:38:29 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
OK, so nginx didn't start on boot and apparently the brackets should be fine. What do you suggest I do next to get this started?

when I ran netstat I see that something is listening to port 8000 and when I did a filter on 'http' for netstat, the box returns nothing.

Any suggestions?

Pratik Vyas

May 28, 2014, 1:55:09 AM5/28/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Sultan Ghaznawi
<sultan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so nginx didn't start on boot and apparently the brackets should be
> fine. What do you suggest I do next to get this started?

As I mentioned earlier, `service nginx start` should start it.

> when I ran netstat I see that something is listening to port 8000 and when I
> did a filter on 'http' for netstat, the box returns nothing.

That is gunicorn (WSGI server that powers ERPNext).

--
Pratik
erpnext