Frappe errors!

Seraaj Muneer

Aug 20, 2014, 7:00:11 PM8/20/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Ok so I followed the instructions  here https://frappe.io/developers/guide and managed to setup an app. Now I run python setup.py develop and I get this error
running develop error: can't create or remove files in install directory The following error occurred while trying to add or remove files in the installation directory: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/test-easy-install-4027.write-test' The installation directory you specified (via --install-dir, --prefix, or the distutils default setting) was: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ Perhaps your account does not have write access to this directory? If the installation directory is a system-owned directory, you may need to sign in as the administrator or "root" account. If you do not have administrative access to this machine, you may wish to choose a different installation directory, preferably one that is listed in your PYTHONPATH environment variable. For information on other options, you may wish to consult the documentation at: https://pythonhosted.org/setuptools/easy_install.html Please make the appropriate changes for your system and try again.

Then I run that command as root. It goes and then spits out this error
running develop running egg_info writing requirements to nexpay.egg-info/requires.txt writing nexpay.egg-info/PKG-INFO writing top-level names to nexpay.egg-info/top_level.txt writing dependency_links to nexpay.egg-info/dependency_links.txt reading manifest file 'nexpay.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in' warning: no files found matching '*.json' warning: no files found matching '*.css' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.csv' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.html' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.ico' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.js' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.json' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.md' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.png' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no files found matching '*.svg' under directory 'nexpay' warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found under directory 'nexpay' writing manifest file 'nexpay.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' running build_ext Creating /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nexpay.egg-link (link to .) nexpay 0.0.1 is already the active version in easy-install.pth Installed /home/nexia/frappe-bench/apps/nexpay Processing dependencies for nexpay==0.0.1 Searching for frappe Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/frappe/ Couldn't find index page for 'frappe' (maybe misspelled?) Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while) Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/ No local packages or download links found for frappe error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('frappe')

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Pratik Vyas

Aug 21, 2014, 12:50:50 AM8/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seeraj,

I think that you've not activate the virtual environment. Run "source
./env/bin/activate" before running the "python setup.py develop"
command.

Also, thanks for reporting! We've standardized the development
environment (with easier commands) with the new bench
(https://github.com/frappe/bench) and the doc that you've linked is
not updated for it. I'll fix it today.

Pratik
ERPNext
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
>
> 1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this
> forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if
> you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount
> would be helpful.
> 2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.