How to connect to erpnext database

Kat

Feb 21, 2014, 3:03:47 AM2/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I would like to know how to connect and manipulate erpnext database. Which application should I use and how should I set it up? What about remote access, how does it work?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kat

Anand Doshi

Feb 21, 2014, 10:59:38 AM2/21/14
to Kat, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kat,

Your question is very generic. Can you be more specific about what you want to do? Do you want to use erpnext’s API or directly connect to the mysql database?

Best,
Anand Doshi.
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us
> as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of
> view of the person receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com
> and send only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar
> services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good.
> Same goes for any file you are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> it, send an email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/50101d62-9588-4583-92e1-9eb40ace8fa2%40googlegroups.com.

Kat

Feb 24, 2014, 1:23:01 AM2/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, Kat
Hi Anand,

I would like to grant someone (an external user) access to some of the tables in the database. I am not sure what should be the best option, using the API or a direct connection to the mysql database.
Please let me know if I should provide with more details.

Regards,
Kat

Pratik Vyas

Feb 24, 2014, 1:29:12 AM2/24/14
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Kat <python...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Anand,
>
> I would like to grant someone (an external user) access to some of the
> tables in the database. I am not sure what should be the best option, using
> the API or a direct connection to the mysql database.
> Please let me know if I should provide with more details.

If you want to give access via the API, you can be sure that
validations would be run in case some data is changed.

> Regards,
> Kat

Pratik
erpnext

Kat

Feb 24, 2014, 5:24:42 AM2/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

Thanks for the reply. Would please you give me more details on how to do that? Details about the API and in case of direct access which software to use, its setup etc.
Thank you.

Kat

Ali Osman TEKKANAT

Feb 24, 2014, 8:21:13 AM2/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I also want to connect my database with phpmyadmin on localhost.

I made some search about how install phpmyadmin on nginx but i did not manage. Here is my conf file nginx in /etc/nginx/sites-available/phpmyadmin :

server{
    location /phpmyadmin {
  root /usr/share/;
  index index.php index.html index.htm;
  location ~ ^/phpmyadmin/(.+\.php)$ {
    try_files $uri =404;
    root /usr/share/;
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
  }
  location ~* ^/phpmyadmin/(.+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|html|xml|txt))$ {
    root /usr/share/;
  }
}
location /phpMyAdmin {
  rewrite ^/* /phpmyadmin last;
}
}

I restart nginx but no success. When I try to conncet http://mylocalip/phpmyadmin, I see erpnext page and it says Page missing or moved.

 how can I use phpmyadmin, erpnext and nginx? Could you help me phpmyadmin and nginx config?

Thanks,

Ali

Ali Osman Tekkanat

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/ec270217-801d-4bdf-9c06-6a19ab1f7074%40googlegroups.com.

CJ

Feb 24, 2014, 9:33:35 AM2/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
phpmyadmin is definitely useful. I tried installing php and phpmyadmin but I did not succeed with nginx.
Didn't manage to find instruction too.

Pratik Vyas

Feb 25, 2014, 1:10:22 AM2/25/14

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Kat <python...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pratik,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Would please you give me more details on how to do
> that? Details about the API and in case of direct access which software to
> use, its setup etc.
> Thank you.

It's documented (though old) here http://erpnext.org/web-service-api

There is a helper here, https://github.com/webnotes/wn-client

Also, there is a better RESTful API coming up in ERPNext 4.0.0.

--
Pratik
erpnext

Pratik Vyas

Feb 25, 2014, 1:13:34 AM2/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi CJ and Ali,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:03 PM, CJ <joven...@gmail.com> wrote:
> phpmyadmin is definitely useful. I tried installing php and phpmyadmin but I
> did not succeed with nginx.
> Didn't manage to find instruction too.

I don't know if PHP applications run correctly right way without
modification in fastcgi. The quickest solution I can think of is that
you can run phpmyadmin on Apache (on a port other than 80). You could
then proxy it to /phpmyadmin in nginx if you want.

Pratik
erpnext