Roles & Permissions

Nonnatee Kanjana

Aug 1, 2014, 11:39:00 PM8/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not sure what I did (or didn't) do. but at the moment any user (except 'Administrator') that do not have 'System Manager' role may not access the 'desk' section. secondly, only 'Administrator' account may view /create /edit /del. while user account with the correct role can only del. Is there a way to do a batch restore just for the roles & permissions?

Note: Anand Doshi, had mention that I may have incomplete upgrade (from v3 -> v4). because our system have both 'User' & 'Profile' module.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 2, 2014, 2:05:37 AM8/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
You must have set all users to "Website User" - Change them to "System User" (maybe we should call them Desk Users now)

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/d4ca2637-9af2-4ea0-8991-0021bf95deb2%40googlegroups.com.

Nonnatee Kanjana

Aug 2, 2014, 2:11:53 AM8/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, All user are 'System User'.

On 02-Aug-2014, at 9:08 am, Nonnatee Kanjana <nonn...@ps-groups.com> wrote:

[...]

Nonnatee Kanjana

Aug 2, 2014, 2:34:33 AM8/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rushabh,

Below is the console trace and snapshot of user properties.

,,,,,,
  1. POST http://erp.th.ps-groups.com:8000/ 403 (FORBIDDEN) jquery.min.js:4
    1. l.cors.a.crossDomain.sendjquery.min.js:4
    2. o.extend.ajaxjquery.min.js:4
    3. frappe.request.callfrappe.min.js:330
    4. frappe.Application.Class.extend.load_startupfrappe.min.js:370
    5. frappe.Application.Class.extend.initfrappe.min.js:370
    6. (anonymous function)frappe.min.js:370
    7. k.fireWithjquery.min.js:2
    8. o.extend.readyjquery.min.js:2
2014-08-02 13:22:00.746
  1. XHR finished loading: POST "http://erp.th.ps-groups.com:8000/". jquery.min.js:4
2014-08-02 13:22:00.752Traceback (innermost last): File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 51, in application response = frappe.handler.handle() File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 66, in handle execute_cmd(cmd) File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 89, in execute_cmd ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict) File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 527, in call return fn(*args, **newargs) File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 15, in startup frappe.response.update(frappe.sessions.get()) File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 104, in get bootinfo = get_bootinfo() File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/boot.py", line 49, in get_bootinfo add_home_page(bootinfo, doclist) File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/boot.py", line 138, in add_home_page page = frappe.widgets.page.get('desktop') File "/home/psgroups/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/widgets/page.py", line 19, in get (page.title or name) PermissionError: No read permission for Page Desktop
,,,,,

plz see the attachment for screen capture.

note: Users Management (read / write / modify) seem to be working again after I ran update just now.
Screen Shot 2557-08-02 at 13.29.47.png

Anand Doshi

Aug 4, 2014, 1:14:58 PM8/4/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi. By any chance, did you add User Permission records for Page doctype?
In the browser's addressbar, paste this after your site URL: /desk#query-report/Permitted Documents For User and check which Page records are accessible for the concerned user.

-Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/b62a54aa-d3b6-4ca6-a381-3d07c37604dd%40googlegroups.com.

Nonnatee Kanjana

Aug 5, 2014, 3:52:12 AM8/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anand,

User without 'System Manager' role cannot access ANY document/page including the 'HOME' screen of the "Desk" section. it seem as if some another permission are over rule the 'Web/System User' permission but cannot over rule 'System manager' permission.

That is all we know so far. still spent countless hours trying to find the cause of this issue. because this is a major issue for us and current stopping us deploying this project into production atm.

[...]

Anand Doshi

Aug 5, 2014, 4:16:10 AM8/5/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi Nonnatee,

You could've customized the Page permissions from Page List, Role Permissions for Page or via User Permissions.

Thanks,
Anand.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/546f3447-c342-4236-9fa3-90561176ca25%40googlegroups.com.