Problem with bench command

Luis Rodriguez

Aug 7, 2014, 11:05:06 AM8/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi developer I really ned your help

I am trying to isntall ERPNext with the help of https://github.com/frappe/bench
I installed following the isntructions:

Everything finish normal but when I go to cd ~ and execute the comand 'bench' ,that command doesnt exists

PLease help me to fix this ,I am following the instructions of that link to install ERPNext

Thank you so much

Pratik Vyas

Aug 8, 2014, 1:52:56 AM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

Which distribution (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS) are you on?

This will really help as I am not able to replicate the script
failures on my test machine.

Pratik
erpnext

Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan

Aug 8, 2014, 7:13:51 AM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Having the same problem. I am using Centos 5.

Pratik Vyas

Aug 8, 2014, 7:29:04 AM8/8/14
On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan <subh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having the same problem. I am using Centos 5.

The script doesn't support CentOS 5. We plan to add support for CentOS 7 soon.

Pratik
erpnext

Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan

Aug 8, 2014, 7:33:29 AM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Is there any other option to install the same in CentOs 5?

Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan

Aug 8, 2014, 7:34:20 AM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I mean ERPNEXT.

Anand Doshi

Aug 8, 2014, 7:36:35 AM8/8/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
It is going to be a pain and might not be worth the effort.

In general, the steps could be:
1. You will need to compile python 2.7 and latest nginx
2. Install dependencies
3. Install using these steps: https://github.com/frappe/bench#manual-install

-Anand.

I mean ERPNEXT.
--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/a27062d0-56ac-4005-8ea6-bfee2d5a748a%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik Vyas

Aug 8, 2014, 7:40:09 AM8/8/14
On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@erpnext.com> wrote:
> It is going to be a pain and might not be worth the effort.
>
> In general, the steps could be:
> 1. You will need to compile python 2.7 and latest nginx
> 2. Install dependencies
> 3. Install using these steps: https://github.com/frappe/bench#manual-install

Yes, follow the manual-install instructions. Python2.7 is available in
IUS community repo and a more recent version of nginx is available
from EPEL repo (or you can use the official repos from nginx).

Thanks,
Pratik

Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan

Aug 8, 2014, 7:54:04 AM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
That means it is not supported in Apache? And what about MySQL?

Anand Doshi

Aug 8, 2014, 7:55:38 AM8/8/14
to Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

MariaDB is required, since we need microsecond precision.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.

[...]

Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan

Aug 8, 2014, 8:02:59 AM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, subh...@gmail.com
What about Apache?

Regarding MySQL, following line is mentioned in github page (https://github.com/frappe/erpnext) (README.md section)

Includes Accounting, Inventory, CRM, Sales, Purchase, Projects, HRMS. Built on Python / MySQL.

What does it mean?

Anand Doshi

Aug 8, 2014, 8:05:25 AM8/8/14
to Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, subh...@gmail.com

Well it could still be based on MySQL 5.6.5 which introduced Microsecond precision. Will change it though. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/9093a78e-0ece-446c-abd7-6a91778eeaeb%40googlegroups.com.

Anand Doshi

Aug 8, 2014, 8:08:09 AM8/8/14
to Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, subh...@gmail.com

Also, we don’t provide Apache configurations, though if you are motivated enough, you can try to figure them out.

For production, we use Nginx, Supervisor, Python 2.7.x, MariaDB 5.5

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.

Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan

Aug 8, 2014, 8:12:32 AM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, subh...@gmail.com
Ok. Thank you.

Subhra Jyoti Bhuyan

Aug 8, 2014, 11:56:17 PM8/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, subh...@gmail.com
Hi Anand,

Can you provide me the list recommended softwares (with versions) required to run the app properly?