There were errors - Setup Completion - ErpNext VM after update.sh

TA

May 16, 2014, 6:24:04 AM5/16/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I ran the update.sh on the ErpNext VM, Filled in all forms, min 1 tax, 1 cust, 1 vend, 1 item and clicked on the last completion button. the system waits while stuff is happening in the background and then I get the message There were errors.

On Umair's suggestions, i open the web console in Firefox V 29 for Ubuntu and got this error message.

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

and then we're back to form 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

TA

Pratik Vyas

May 16, 2014, 6:26:36 AM5/16/14
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 3:54 PM, TA <tiger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran the update.sh on the ErpNext VM, Filled in all forms, min 1 tax, 1
> cust, 1 vend, 1 item and clicked on the last completion button. the system
> waits while stuff is happening in the background and then I get the message
> There were errors.
>
> On Umair's suggestions, i open the web console in Firefox V 29 for Ubuntu
> and got this error message.
>
> SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON
> data

Can you try the following,

* login as erpnext with password erpnext.
* `tail -f /home/erpnext/frappe-bench/logs/web.error.log` and try to
complete the setup
You'll see the traceback and it should help you figure.

> and then we're back to form 1.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> TA
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.