Online sales channels integration

Amit Sharma

Jun 4, 2014, 6:30:55 AM6/4/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I would like my erpnext cloud version to directly sync with various online sales channels e.g. my website, ebay, amazon and thereby update stock quantity while importing orders from these sites as sales orders, how can that be achieved I see that you've mentioned using API to do so but is there a set guide or source code to implement that out of the box. Also is the bank reconciliation automatic like it directly imports transactions from bank account or is it manual?

Cheers
Amit.

Pratik Vyas

Jun 4, 2014, 6:58:49 AM6/4/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amit,

At the moment, we do not host custom code on frappecloud. You can
still setup an independent service that would integrate with other
services (Amazon, ebay, etc) and create records on your frappecloud
account.

Ideally, such integrations (like popular providers you mentioned)
could be an app that you could just install on frappecloud. We could
dive into this once we've little more time.

Pratik
ERPNext

Amit Sharma

Jun 4, 2014, 9:07:14 AM6/4/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pratik, may be something you need to do asap, as that will solve a lot of hassle for ecommerce site owners like me and generate a lot of demand for you guys!

Am going to see if I can do it or get it done and if it works out will keep you posted, any way I can contact any freelancers working on erpnext to do some custom dev for me.

Amit.

Aditya Duggal

Jun 5, 2014, 12:13:42 PM6/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
HI Pratik,

I think with the advent of v4 the apps could be developed so that erpnext is directly linked to such websites and could be used by users on cloud as well.

I am sorry but I would like to hijack this post to ask another question as if it would be possible for me to design an app for say like amazon by myself or get it developed by someone for it to be used by others as well.

Do let me know since I have a lot of addons lined up for integrating erpnext to other websites. Do let me know where to jot down these additions so that they can be useful for others as well. The few addons which come to my mind right now are:

  1. Ebay (for listing products directly from erpnext)
  2. Amazon (for listing products directly from erpnext)
  3. Mail Chimp (for linking leads and contact list for using their great merge email with reports).
  4. Indiamart (for directly importing leads to erpnext)
  5. Alibaba (for directly importing leads to erpnext)
  6. Tenders.gov.in (for importing opportunities directly into erpnext which match a specific criteria).
And I guess the list is never ending......

I guess it would be a great thing to get these features once v4 is up and running in full flow.

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 5, 2014, 11:20:11 PM6/5/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Aditya,

Yes the whole idea of apps is to make such things possible. We are hoping the community can take lead in integrations, but we can do that too. Right now the first target is to fix the open issues - which I think will take 2-3 months.

In parallel, we are also recruiting https://hasjob.co/view/ag3ki - so if we are able to find a new hire, we can start building the integrations.

best,
Rushabh

@rushabh_mehta

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/d01436c3-0d5a-4810-aae7-59679b5f187d%40googlegroups.com.