How to debug erpnext

Abdur Rehman Habib

Aug 26, 2014, 6:45:51 AM8/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am new on erpnext.
I want to debug and add few more forms and reports in the system.
Please help me how can i do this.

Thanks

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 26, 2014, 8:33:51 AM8/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
You will have to create your own app / plugin. More here:

Thanks

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/6785dad0-5761-4b37-855b-91120f267cca%40googlegroups.com.

Abdur Rehman Habib

Abdur Rehman Habib

Aug 29, 2014, 5:33:22 AM8/29/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
hi rushabh,

actually i am very new on this and i want to debug some scripts please guide how can i do this.

Umair Sayyed

Aug 29, 2014, 6:39:17 AM8/29/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Abdul,

Please refer to our developer guide for help in customizing creating ERPNext as per your requirement.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Abdur Rehman Habib <abdurr...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Umair Sayyed

Aug 29, 2014, 6:41:25 AM8/29/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Abdul,

Please refer to our developer guide for help in customizing creating ERPNext as per your requirement.

For help in debugging, you should provide more details. Like what is the context, your custom script, and indicate what exactly is not working. Also provide browser console message when getting errors.

[...]

Abdur Rehman Habib

Sep 1, 2014, 5:46:11 AM9/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
HI Umair,

Actually i want to debug stock balance report it is showing wrong balance after creating landed cost voucher.
Console is not showing any error.

and can you please hints how to create new reports on erpnext.

Regards,
Abdur Rehman

https://frappe.io/developers

[...]

Umair Sayyed

Sep 1, 2014, 5:53:26 AM9/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I suggest checking Stock Ledger report than Stock Balance report to see data for specific transaction.

By wrong balance, do you mean wrong stock balance or wrong valuation of item? Landed Cost Voucher only affects valuation of items in Purchase Receipt, and not their stock level. Please check Stock Ledger report for the transaction in question.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/3b99e86f-f1c0-47c0-a3f0-76a8a05be532%40googlegroups.com.

Y Y

Sep 1, 2014, 5:58:00 AM9/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
In PHP world, there are open source debug bar, which shows in browser along with the website, it shows sqls executed, time executed etc. Suppose Abdur Rehman Habib  was asking this. http://phpdebugbar.com/

now, while working with erpnext, we generally want to see which part(s), execution flows etc. which we could find useful resources, though in developer site has a guide, however that is far
enough away from a developer to work with frappe or erpnect.

在 2014年8月26日星期二UTC+8下午6时45分51秒,Abdur Rehman Habib写道:

Anand Doshi

Sep 1, 2014, 6:04:02 AM9/1/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
YY,

Try settings "logging": 1 in site_config.json. It will show all queries that are being executed in the javascript console.

-Anand.

[...]

Y Y

Sep 1, 2014, 6:08:11 AM9/1/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Great, Thanks,@Anand

在 2014年9月1日星期一UTC+8下午6时04分02秒,Anand Doshi写道:

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Y Y <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

MP

Sep 2, 2014, 6:01:33 AM9/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

I have added   "logging": 1 to site_config.json file and restarted the server. But I don't see any sql query being logged into the javascript console. Could you please check at your end to see if it is logging the sql query to the console? Thanks.

Kind regards,
Mayur Patel

Anand Doshi

Sep 2, 2014, 11:16:18 AM9/2/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi Mayur,

I suppose it used to. Now it just records the request and response data.

You can always trace error in a particular query by passing debug=1 to frappe.db.sql method.

-Anand.

[...]

MP

Sep 2, 2014, 11:48:11 AM9/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anand.

Yes, this used to be there in version 3 and it was very helpful. It will be very useful to have in version 4 too.

Kind regards,
Mayur Patel

Y Y

Sep 2, 2014, 8:41:15 PM9/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible, if add debug = 1 in site config json, then it will auto output sql in browser console?

在 2014年9月2日星期二UTC+8下午11时48分11秒,MP写道:

Abdur Rehman Habib

Sep 24, 2014, 3:21:29 AM9/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
now you can debug by using pycharm

Y Y

Sep 24, 2014, 5:52:14 AM9/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a advertisement, SEO reply.

在 2014年9月24日星期三UTC+8下午3时21分29秒,Abdur Rehman Habib写道:

Abdur Rehman Habib

Sep 24, 2014, 8:26:44 AM9/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
it is not an advertisement i am debugging erpnext with pycharm