benc start: ERROR: profile doesn't exist or not a file

Y Y

Sep 25, 2014, 6:05:18 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,

What's the possible reason for this?

thanks,
Yang

Pratik Vyas

Sep 25, 2014, 8:19:33 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Try, `bench setup procfile`

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Y Y

Sep 25, 2014, 10:55:02 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
is that after change .py file need to run supervisor restart? how to make it take affect immediately?

1. after change py
2. after change js(as it is minimized after frappe build)

what shall we do for development?

在 2014年9月25日星期四UTC+8下午8时19分33秒,Pratik Vyas写道:

Try, `bench setup procfile`

On 25 Sep 2014 15:35, "Y Y" <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Team,

What's the possible reason for this?

thanks,
Yang

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Pratik Vyas

Sep 25, 2014, 10:57:55 AM9/25/14
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Y Y <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is that after change .py file need to run supervisor restart?

Yes

> how to make it
> take affect immediately?
>
> 1. after change py
> 2. after change js(as it is minimized after frappe build)
>
> what shall we do for development?

For development, don't setup supervisor/nginx and just use `bench
start` (it would reload on py change).

Also, if you're changing JS, run `bench frappe -w` in another term, it
will rebuild unminified JS if you change a JS file?

Y Y

Sep 25, 2014, 11:13:59 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
oh.., I've already setup supervisor and nginx.

can i use bench start to do development? thanks.

在 2014年9月25日星期四UTC+8下午10时57分55秒,Pratik Vyas写道:

Pratik Vyas

Sep 25, 2014, 11:17:57 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

You will have to stop supervisor as bench start listens on port 8000 by default.

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Y Y

Sep 25, 2014, 11:38:54 AM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, it is working on 8000 now.

for bench frappe -w, could you explain a bit more?

say i modified prettydate.js, can local development load prettydate.js in browser directly intead of minimized into frappe.min.js?

Thanks.

在 2014年9月25日星期四UTC+8下午11时17分57秒,Pratik Vyas写道:

On 25 Sep 2014 20:44, "Y Y" <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:
oh.., I've already setup supervisor and nginx.

can i use bench start to do development? thanks.

在 2014年9月25日星期四UTC+8下午10时57分55秒,Pratik Vyas写道:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Y Y <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is that after change .py file need to run supervisor restart?

Yes

> how to make it
> take affect immediately?
>
> 1. after change py
> 2. after change js(as it is minimized after frappe build)
>
> what shall we do for development?

For development, don't setup supervisor/nginx and just use `bench
start` (it would reload on py change).

Also, if you're changing JS, run `bench frappe -w` in another term, it
will rebuild unminified JS if you change a JS file?

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

Bahaa Salama

Sep 25, 2014, 2:12:38 PM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
To update  frappe.min.js you need to run.

frappe --build

from your terminal.

Y Y

Sep 25, 2014, 9:15:27 PM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
it is generally not a good idea to work with frappe.min.js in development environment, my question is how to get real js load...

在 2014年9月26日星期五UTC+8上午2时12分38秒,Bahaa Salama写道:

Pratik Vyas

Sep 25, 2014, 11:56:45 PM9/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

With `frappe -w` (w is for watch) JS is concatenated but not minified. Also it is regenerated if a file is changed.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/b35b7b39-9131-49c6-b6e6-11070d20e52e%40googlegroups.com.

Y Y

Sep 26, 2014, 1:36:18 AM9/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
oh..., that's why after i've execute the command, the window seems halt there..., it is watching.

thanks.

在 2014年9月26日星期五UTC+8上午11时56分45秒,Pratik Vyas写道: