Multiple instances of ERPNext in one server

Andri Halim Gunawan

May 12, 2014, 12:20:28 AM5/12/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Is it possible to run more than one ERPNext in a server?

eg. I want to run two ERPNext for different companies under different domains

Thanks,
Andri

Pratik Vyas

May 12, 2014, 12:30:22 AM5/12/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Andri Halim Gunawan
<an...@krupuksuryajaya.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Andri,

> Is it possible to run more than one ERPNext in a server?

Yes, Frappe is a multitenant system. You can install another site
using `frappe --install dbname sitename` and then proceed to install
`frappe --install_app erpnext sitename` and `frappe --install_app
shopping_cart sitename`

You will also have to adjust the nginx config to setup virtualhosts
for each of this site (that seems to be a little out of scope for the
forum).

Pratik
erpnext

Andri Halim Gunawan

May 12, 2014, 12:35:22 AM5/12/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the prompt reply,
Can I confirm with you the steps:
1. Install the first ERPNext using the instruction on: https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench
2. After that type: `frappe --install dbname sitename` and then proceed to install  `frappe --install_app erpnext sitename` and `frappe --install_app shopping_cart sitename`
3. Set up the nginx virtual host.

And it's `frappe --install dbname sitename` NOT `frappe --install sitename dbname`?

Also:
Can you please explain: ./scripts/install.sh single [sitename [dbname]]

What's the "single" parameter is for?

Regards,
Andri

Pratik Vyas

May 12, 2014, 12:46:58 AM5/12/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Andri Halim Gunawan
<an...@krupuksuryajaya.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply,
> Can I confirm with you the steps:
> 1. Install the first ERPNext using the instruction on:
> https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench
> 2. After that type: `frappe --install dbname sitename` and then proceed to
> install `frappe --install_app erpnext sitename` and `frappe --install_app
> shopping_cart sitename`
> 3. Set up the nginx virtual host.

yes

> And it's `frappe --install dbname sitename` NOT `frappe --install sitename
> dbname`?

Now that you have pointed this out I think I should switch the params
in the shell script for consistency.

> Also:
> Can you please explain: ./scripts/install.sh single [sitename [dbname]]
>
> What's the "single" parameter is for?

install.sh with no params would setup a Python virtualenv in env directory.

Adding the single argument with sitename and dbname would setup Frappe
for a single site. It hardcodes some things for a single site.

Pratik
erpnext

Andri Halim Gunawan

May 12, 2014, 1:18:40 AM5/12/14