INTEGRATION WITH JOOMLA 3.2

matt sarino

Sep 22, 2014, 2:04:45 AM9/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have an existing Joomla 3.2 intranet site that has a couple of Joomla apps that are necessary for our operations.  Is there a way for me to add ERPNext to Joomla or the otherway around?  Also, how do I customize the background color of the dashboard and the subsequent screens?

Paul Dowd

Sep 22, 2014, 2:10:54 AM9/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
You would not be able to "add" it to Joomla. I'm assuming by "add" you mean as an extension. Any integrations will need to be via the API, which is what we're doing to integrate with Joomla.

As for customising the background... you do that at the user level by going to "My Settings" and changing the background image

cheers

Paul

matt sarino

Sep 22, 2014, 3:30:17 AM9/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Paul!  Does that mean development is in the works already to integrate it with Joomla?

So, setting a customized background can't be done for ALL users by the admin?

Thanks again!!

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 22, 2014, 4:32:38 AM9/22/14
On 22-Sep-2014, at 1:00 pm, matt sarino <matt....@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the info Paul!  Does that mean development is in the works already to integrate it with Joomla?

You can use the REST ful API

So, setting a customized background can't be done for ALL users by the admin?

Not via the UI right now.

Thanks again!!

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

matt sarino

Sep 22, 2014, 5:02:30 AM9/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks again!

I guess I cant integrate it with Joomla for now as I am not a technical person and wouldn't know how to use the API.

If I installed ERPNext via VM, where should I go looking for the database and files it uses?

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 22, 2014, 8:52:42 AM9/22/14
On 22-Sep-2014, at 2:32 pm, matt sarino <matt....@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok thanks again!

I guess I cant integrate it with Joomla for now as I am not a technical person and wouldn't know how to use the API.

If I installed ERPNext via VM, where should I go looking for the database and files it uses?

ERPNext uses MariaDB (MySQL) as the database backend - you can connect to mysql using the mysql shell

Files are in

frappe-bench/sites

in your home folder

On Monday, September 22, 2014 1:04:45 PM UTC+7, matt sarino wrote:
I have an existing Joomla 3.2 intranet site that has a couple of Joomla apps that are necessary for our operations.  Is there a way for me to add ERPNext to Joomla or the otherway around?  Also, how do I customize the background color of the dashboard and the subsequent screens?

--
1. Please be kind and don't send large attachments
2. For issues, features requests use https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

matt sarino

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 23, 2014, 1:13:33 AM9/23/14
On 22-Sep-2014, at 11:55 pm, matt sarino <matt....@gmail.com> wrote:

My apologies for another follow up question.  My directory structure on the server is:  C:/inetpub/wwwroot/Joomla/  where Joomla is where all my http files are placed.  I've checkedall three levels and couldn't fined "frappe-bench/sites" on any of the 3 directory levels.  I've also tried doing a search of the local drives and came up with no results.  Am I going about this all wrong?

check your home folder

~/frappe-bench