Dropbox Backup

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 21, 2014, 5:27:28 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I have setup my dropbox access_key and Secret in my siteconfig.json, and allowed dropbox to make backup daily. I can see that my app has created the erp folder + subfolder files, but it doesnt make the backup.

Can someone point me to where i need to debug?

Pratik Vyas

Jul 21, 2014, 7:23:01 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Is there an error recorded in the logs/worker.error.log file?

Pratik
erpnext

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 21, 2014, 7:23:54 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Actually there is no log at all
--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/CAG8U0EmF27MATGTXJpg3DrAu9oCccPzVRAggFGNCsv24krsdwA%40mail.gmail.com.

Ulrik André Tuemand

TLF: 66192186

Mobil: 30307172

Mail: u.tu...@gmail.com

Arbejdsmail: ul...@tdc.dk

Pratik Vyas

Jul 21, 2014, 7:25:18 AM7/21/14
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Ulrik Tuemand <u.tu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually there is no log at all

Then, are you running the scheduler (ie. the celery worker and celery beat)?

--
Pratik
erpnext

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 21, 2014, 7:28:09 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Praktik,

i haven't set up the scheduler, hence i have not found a lot of information on how to set it up.

Pratik Vyas

Jul 21, 2014, 7:33:27 AM7/21/14
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Ulrik Tuemand <u.tu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Praktik,
>
> i haven't set up the scheduler, hence i have not found a lot of information
> on how to set it up.

Hi Ulrik,

The scheduler setup is automated.
If you run in development mode ie `honcho start`, scheduler is run
if you're running in production mode ie with supervisor, scheduler is run

It is also possible that scheduler is disabled for you site, you can
enable it by running the following command from the sites directory.

```
../env/bin/frappe --enable_scheduler yoursitename
```

Pratik
erpnext

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 21, 2014, 7:46:12 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Praktik,

I tried your suggestion, and i got the following response from terminal.

ulrik@ulrik-desktop:~/frappe-bench$ ./env/bin/frappe --enable_scheduler [claytonpower
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./env/bin/frappe", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('frappe==4.0.1', 'console_scripts', 'frappe')()
  File "/home/ulrik/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 49, in main
    frappe.init(site, sites_path=sites_path)
  File "/home/ulrik/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 113, in init
    setup_module_map()
  File "/home/ulrik/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 476, in setup_module_map
    for app in get_all_apps(True):
  File "/home/ulrik/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 404, in get_all_apps
    apps = get_file_items(os.path.join(sites_path, "apps.txt"), raise_not_found=True)
  File "/home/ulrik/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 489, in get_file_items
    content = read_file(path, raise_not_found=raise_not_found)
  File "/home/ulrik/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 505, in read_file
    raise IOError("{} Not Found".format(path))
IOError: ./apps.txt Not Found

--
Pratik
erpnext

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Jul 21, 2014, 7:51:01 AM7/21/14
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Ulrik Tuemand <u.tu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Praktik,

Run it from the sites directory.

Pratik
erpnext

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 21, 2014, 8:02:05 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
After switvhing to the sites directory and running the command in terminal output gives this:

ulrik@ulrik-desktop:~/frappe-bench/sites/[claytonpower$ ./env/bin/frappe --enable_scheduler [claytonpower
bash: ./env/bin/frappe: no such file or catalog

Pratik
erpnext

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Jul 21, 2014, 8:11:46 AM7/21/14
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Ulrik Tuemand <u.tu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After switvhing to the sites directory and running the command in terminal
> output gives this:
>
> ulrik@ulrik-desktop:~/frappe-bench/sites/[claytonpower$ ./env/bin/frappe
> --enable_scheduler [claytonpower
> bash: ./env/bin/frappe: no such file or catalog

```
cd ~/frappe-bench/sites
../env/bin/frappe --enable_scheduler claytonpower
```

--
Pratik
erpnext

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 21, 2014, 8:16:17 AM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
that definetly enabled the scheduler.

is there anywhere where i can find information about scheduling? When to run the schedule etc?

--
Pratik
erpnext

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 23, 2014, 4:34:32 AM7/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Praktik,

I followed your guidance and enabled the scheduler.

Sadly it still not provides a backup, and there is still no log available.

Got any further advice?

Anand Doshi

Jul 25, 2014, 10:07:46 AM7/25/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Ulrik,

Did you run `honcho start`?

-Anand.

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/2e08d760-3594-45e5-8626-0d9735f32546%40googlegroups.com.

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 25, 2014, 10:09:36 AM7/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

I installed the new bench as a fresh install, and setup the production environment, so I'm not sure wether to do honcho start?
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/CAAQzbF2PqeXUtAi%2BNtt5gEsNbLVsL5cEcLym9Piab0zCwLN7MQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Anand Doshi

Jul 25, 2014, 10:14:27 AM7/25/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
If it is production environment, you dont need to use honcho. You must've setup supervisor.

Pratik Vyas

Jul 25, 2014, 10:14:47 AM7/25/14
On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Ulrik Tuemand <u.tu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Anand,
>
> I installed the new bench as a fresh install, and setup the production
> environment, so I'm not sure wether to do honcho start?

New bench has a new command.

Run `bench start`.

Pratik
erpnext

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 25, 2014, 10:17:35 AM7/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Exactly, and supervisor is setup and running. Pratik asked me to run frappe bench --run_scheduler_event daily as a manual command to try force a backup, but still an empty Dropbox
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/CAAQzbF3UFc7v4uh5XeSUGYii-%2BjTKYU4ECK%2B94jH7Ya3WS%2BORQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Ulrik Tuemand

Jul 25, 2014, 10:28:27 AM7/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Pratik,

Bench start is not a command I should use when being in a production environment?