Suggestion needed for the possibility of customizing ERPnext as MIS

aft

May 28, 2013, 8:13:26 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it going to feasible to customize ERPNext as MIS (medical
information system?)?

If possible how should i go about it?( I guess i have to change all
the default doctype properties, their relationships, and other
transactions)

--
-Cheers
-Arif

Umair Sayyed

May 28, 2013, 8:29:15 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The major difference between Pharma and other trading business is maintaining Batch wise inventory. ERPNext allows you to maintain Batch wise inventory as well.

I recommend you making couple of Sales, Purchase, Stock and Manufacturing transaction for medical items. This exercise will also do a gap analysis and you will know exactly what needs to be customized.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Rushabh Mehta

May 28, 2013, 8:29:31 AM5/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Arif,

Do you have a list of features you want to achieve? We can discuss it feature by feature.

I don't think you should change the existing modules because they are stable and the core of any organization will be Accounting + Inventory.

I think its best to make a feature list first and do a gap analysis and find out the best ways to meet the objectives.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta