Re: [erpnext-dev] "Exchange Rate is mandatory" message when creating a new sales order

Anand Doshi

Mar 12, 2014, 1:13:12 AM3/12/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi Travis,

It seems something is causing the javascript to crash and the currency field values are not populated properly.

Can you open the browser's javascript console and check if there are any error messages there?

Thanks,
Anand.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Travis McAdams <tmca...@holycube.com> wrote:
Hi All,

    I am having an issue when creating a new sales order. I receive the following message "Exchange Rate is mandatory. Maybe Currency Exchange record is not created for USD to USD". I cannot create an exchange rate for USD to USD. How can I correct this? Thank you.

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/6ab99fa5-ecd0-4304-ac39-efa3e81c2401%40googlegroups.com.

Travis McAdams

Mar 13, 2014, 1:18:03 PM3/13/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

   This is what i am receiving:

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:13:12 AM UTC-5, Anand Doshi wrote:
[...]

Umair Sayyed

Mar 14, 2014, 8:54:33 AM3/14/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

May I know your ERPNext account's version?

Perhaps upgrading your account to the latest version is resolve for this issue. We cannot replicate this issue in our latest version.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/a572ec89-2fca-4307-be44-a94f25dfc760%40googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

François de Ryckel

Aug 23, 2014, 8:16:36 AM8/23/14

Le vendredi 14 mars 2014 14:54:33 UTC+2, Umair Sayyed a écrit :
[...]

 I'm having the same issue now.  I believe this is because when I first created the Company I've used Zmk as a currency, but now the currency is Zmw.  But everything on the system is in Zmw (products, price lists, etc.)
So I'm not sure how I can sort this out.
I imagine it is somehow related on how we create the company at the first place.
Best,
François

Umair Sayyed

Aug 26, 2014, 2:41:39 AM8/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
François,

Currency field in the Company master is not editable. Please create New Company with Currency as "ZMW" and set it as default.

Setup >> Setting >> Global Default

With this, you will also need edit records which has Company field in it. It will not require updating Price List or Item Price master,
as it doesn't have Company field in it.

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.

2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.