Installation failed

Mário Luan

Mar 27, 2014, 10:06:00 AM3/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm installing erp from scratch. I followed the instructions from https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench.
sudo apt-get install python-dev build-essential python-mysqldb git memcached ntp vim screen htop mysql-server libmysqlclient-dev libxslt1.1 libxslt1-dev redis-server

then...
$ git clone https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench
$ cd frappe-bench
And when I run:
$ ./scripts/install.sh single erp erp

... I got the following error:

running build_ext

building 'lxml.etree' extension

creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7

creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src

creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src/lxml

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/root/frappe-bench/env/build/lxml/src/lxml/includes -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c src/lxml/lxml.etree.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src/lxml/lxml.etree.o -w

gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)

Please submit a full bug report,

See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.

Cleaning up...
Command /root/frappe-bench/env/bin/python2.7 -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__=u'/root/frappe-bench/env/build/lxml/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-8X44MY-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /root/frappe-bench/env/include/site/python2.7 failed with error code 1 in /root/frappe-bench/env/build/lxml
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/virtualenv.py", line 2367, in <module>
    main()
  File "./scripts/virtualenv.py", line 829, in main
    after_install(options, home_dir)
  File "./scripts/virtualenv.py", line 2352, in after_install
    subprocess.check_output('/'.join([home_dir, 'bin', 'pip install -e frappe/ ']), shell=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 544, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '/root/frappe-bench/env/bin/pip install -e frappe/ ' returned non-zero exit status 1

Can anyone help me on this?

Pratik Vyas

Mar 27, 2014, 10:09:06 AM3/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario,
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/52cd86d3-ccff-4f0a-b55a-315e56fc5d6f%40googlegroups.com.

This particular error is due to low memory. I think you are installing
on a system with less than 1G RAM.

Also, we have moved to MariaDB and the latest bulid is broken. Will
update the docs and pin the requirements to last known stable tag. Can
you check in after some time? Will update the thread when done.

Pratik
erpnext

Mário Luan

Mar 27, 2014, 10:09:33 AM3/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
By the way, here are the information from the instance I'm running:
$ uname -a

Linux xyz 3.8.0-29-generic #42~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 14 16:19:23 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Mário Luan

Mar 27, 2014, 10:46:17 AM3/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Will check that out as soon as it get updated.

Thanks Pratik.

Pratik Vyas

Mar 27, 2014, 11:42:09 AM3/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mario,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Mário Luan <marioso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will check that out as soon as it get updated.

Please uninstall mysql-server mysql-common and libmysqlclient-dev and
start afresh from
https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench/blob/master/Readme.md

Also, do stop mysql before uninstalling mysql.

Pratik
erpnext

Mário Luan

Mar 27, 2014, 2:14:49 PM3/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm still got the same error. I'm going to add more RAM and see what happen. By the way, what is the minumum RAM needed to run the system?

Mário Luan

Mar 27, 2014, 5:11:40 PM3/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pratik.

I'm going to try that out.

Cheers!

Pratik
erpnext

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/CAG8U0Ek07tGGEsFEdSBdh3va%3DhuvUuLEJPa3_oXBA1yc4GD3qw%40mail.gmail.com.

Pratik Vyas

Mar 28, 2014, 2:30:14 AM3/28/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
> By the way, what is the minumum RAM needed to run the system?

It depends. You can run a few test accounts on 1G RAM easily. By
adjusting the number of worker processes, gunicorn worker processes
and mariadb configuration, you can control the RAM usage. This case of
gcc failure is due to lxml compilation which takes a lot of memory.

Pratik
erpnext