How to add a label (sort of)

Kat

Mar 25, 2014, 6:44:05 PM3/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I would like to know how can I add labels to subdivide sections of a form. For example in your customer form a section can be called "General Information" (this is a label that should appear when the form is printed or previewed for example), another one can be called Contact Details and so forth. I thought section break could do the job but it didn't give me the anticipated results.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Kat

Maxwell Morais

Mar 25, 2014, 9:03:59 PM3/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
For create sections you can add a field type "Section Break"
For create a new column use "Column Break"

You can configure the options hide, for hide on Form and hide on print for hide it on print preview

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/f8eb3839-c6bd-406f-8da7-88068b4ed28f%40googlegroups.com.

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Kat

Mar 26, 2014, 2:40:28 AM3/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maxwell,

Thanks. I don't want the customer field to be hidden or something similar but I want it to appear as a label (reference legend in HTML form). As in my explanation above, the 'General Information' label or caption should be visible when the form is printed and the related fields beneath it. Reason of this is when I print the form I want the user to be able to differentiate the different sections of the form by reading the label or caption of each group of customer fields.
I hope I explained my problem more clearly.

Thanks,
Kat

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:03:59 AM UTC+2, Maxwell wrote:
[...]

Maxwell Morais

Mar 26, 2014, 7:52:56 AM3/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
That you need is a new Print Format, for Customer!

You can design the new print format in a HTML Editor and inject the field on your template.

Please, look the defaults Print Formats on the system.