Install new site on Virtualbox Frappe ErpNext4 and point real domain to erpnext server

aliosman20

May 26, 2014, 6:51:39 AM5/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Question 1: I installed ERPNext4 from virtulabox image. Erpnext working well with site name "erpnext.erpnext-vm" that already installed with image. But When I try to install new site with "frappe --install DBNAME SITENAME" command based on "https://frappe.io/apps/frappe-framework/developers/api/sites". I got following error. Can I add new site with this command? If yes How can Solve this error?

(env)root@erpnext:/home/erpnext/frappe-bench# frappe --install erpnext2 site2.com
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/frappe", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('frappe==4.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'frappe')()
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 45, in main
    frappe.init(site, sites_path=sites_path)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 109, in init
    setup_module_map()
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 448, in setup_module_map
    for app in get_all_apps(True):
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 391, in get_all_apps
    apps = get_file_items(os.path.join(sites_path, "apps.txt"), raise_not_found=True)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 460, in get_file_items
    content = read_file(path, raise_not_found=raise_not_found)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 476, in read_file
    raise IOError("{} Not Found".format(path))
IOError: ./apps.txt Not Found
(env)root@erpnext:/home/erpnext/frappe-bench#

Question 2: How can I point my real domain name ( mycompany.com ) to my erpnext installation server? Where can I define DNS records?

Thanks

Ali

Pratik Vyas

May 26, 2014, 8:27:37 AM5/26/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Run it from sites directory.

> Question 2: How can I point my real domain name ( mycompany.com ) to my
> erpnext installation server? Where can I define DNS records?

The vm doesn't have dns and will respond to any host at the port. You
will have to setup nginx with in virtualhosting mode. If you run more
that one sites, the frappe server will distinguish as per the Host
header (hard coded to erpnext-erpnext.vm in the virtual image).

> Thanks
>
> Ali
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/d3e95310-7da7-46ce-97c1-0e07d92efe26%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Ali Osman TEKKANAT

May 27, 2014, 10:02:00 AM5/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

I installed new site as you suggested. Now I have new site on sites directory with new database name.

I made some modification on frappe.conf (nginx) like port number and site name etc. to reach on 8082 port to new site.

When I reach this new site http://myip:8082, I see login page but when I enter with username and password, the setup wizard does not start and I looged in to desk directly. But there is no all application on desk even I used administrator user.

What am I worng setup new site on erpnext? Or does the new site mean different that I undertand?

Thanks,

Ali Osman Tekkanat

Pratik Vyas

May 27, 2014, 10:23:52 AM5/27/14
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Ali Osman TEKKANAT <atek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pratik,
>
> I installed new site as you suggested. Now I have new site on sites
> directory with new database name.
>
> I made some modification on frappe.conf (nginx) like port number and site
> name etc. to reach on 8082 port to new site.
>
> When I reach this new site http://myip:8082, I see login page but when I
> enter with username and password, the setup wizard does not start and I
> looged in to desk directly. But there is no all application on desk even I
> used administrator user.
>
> What am I worng setup new site on erpnext? Or does the new site mean
> different that I undertand?

Great, you're almost there!
Install erpnext and shopping cart on your new site.

```
frappe --install_app erpnext sitename
frappe --install_app shopping_cart sitename
```

`frappe --install` installs the frappe framework. Installing erpnext
and shopping cart are additional steps

Pratik
erpnext

Ali Osman TEKKANAT

May 30, 2014, 4:58:09 AM5/30/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

Thanks for your help. I have two sites now and working well.

How the upgrade process will go for my sites? Is this enough to use "./scripts/update.sh" command for all sites?

Thanks,

Ali Osman Tekkanat

Pratik
erpnext

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

May 30, 2014, 5:20:56 AM5/30/14
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Ali Osman TEKKANAT <atek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pratik,
>
> Thanks for your help. I have two sites now and working well.
>
> How the upgrade process will go for my sites? Is this enough to use
> "./scripts/update.sh" command for all sites?

It should be, but if you don't see patches running for all sites, then
you can manually run them using,

`frappe --latest sitename`

(adjust the path to frappe and run this from the sites directory)

Pratik
erpnext

Ali Osman TEKKANAT

Jun 2, 2014, 6:20:01 PM6/2/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

Before I successfully added new site as you suggestion but I got this error even  I used same method now :

(env)root@(none):/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/sites# frappe --install lonsaa lonsaa.com
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/frappe", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('frappe==4.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'frappe')()
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 49, in main
    return run(fn, parsed_args)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 77, in run
    out = globals().get(fn)(*args.get(fn), **args)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 63, in new_f                                             n
    return fn(*args, **new_kwargs)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/cli.py", line 290, in inst                                             all
    installed = frappe.get_installed_apps()
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 401, in                                              get_installed_apps
    installed = json.loads(db.get_global("installed_apps") or "[]")
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeu                                             g/local.py", line 338, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._get_current_object(), name)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeu                                             g/local.py", line 301, in _get_current_object
    raise RuntimeError('no object bound to %s' % self.__name__)
RuntimeError: no object bound to db

What is wrong and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks,

Ali Osman

Pratik
erpnext

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Jun 3, 2014, 12:52:17 AM6/3/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

This is a small bug that we pushed. Will release a fix soon.

Pratik Vyas

Jun 4, 2014, 2:37:37 AM6/4/14
On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Pratik Vyas <pdv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a small bug that we pushed. Will release a fix soon.

Fix merged to develop today.

Ali Osman TEKKANAT

Jun 4, 2014, 6:54:35 AM6/4/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

Thanks for feedback. It is working now.

1-I thing there is someting wrong on setup wizard. If I add logo, picture, vat, item etc. setup wizard give me an error. But if I only add required fields no picture, logo, vat, tiem etc, there is no problem with setup process.

2-And I saw Turkish Chart of Account(Tek Düzen Hesap Planı) on installation new site. How can I enable Turkish Chart of Account for company?

3- How can I prepare language file for Turkish and install the erpnext?

Thanks,

Ali Osman Tekkanat

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Jun 4, 2014, 7:00:57 AM6/4/14
On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Ali Osman TEKKANAT <atek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pratik,
>
> Thanks for feedback. It is working now.
>
> 1-I thing there is someting wrong on setup wizard. If I add logo, picture,
> vat, item etc. setup wizard give me an error. But if I only add required
> fields no picture, logo, vat, tiem etc, there is no problem with setup
> process.

Please check your error console make an issue on github.

> 2-And I saw Turkish Chart of Account(Tek Düzen Hesap Planı) on installation
> new site. How can I enable Turkish Chart of Account for company?

Chart of accounts are still work in progress. We'll announce once
they're usable.

> 3- How can I prepare language file for Turkish and install the erpnext?

Add an issue on github :)

Pratik
erpnext