website-chat

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 23, 2014, 3:14:28 PM8/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I install website-chat this way:

bench get-app website_chat https://github.com/frappe/website-chat

I have to change the name to website_chat because when i used website-chat gave me an error.

But when i try follow the examples tutorial: Making Public Pages from here: https://frappe.io/developers/guide-chat/public-pages it say Go to http://localhost:8000/chat to see how it works.

i get this error:

Page missing or moved

Instead of show me the chat page to introduce email, name and question.

How can i solve this error and show me the chat page.

I tried as guest user, as Administrator and normal user. I check the role Website Chat Agent to all of them and nothing.

Thanks.

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 23, 2014, 4:45:37 PM8/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I noted that shopping_cart does not show: http://localhost:8000/addresses and invoices etc.

Give me:

Page missing or moved

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 24, 2014, 7:20:46 AM8/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Know i can see all the pages. I turn off and restart my virtual environment and everything run well.

And yet i have one more question: What should i do to refresh erpnext. I made bench frappe --build, but this don't solve my problem and don't refresh, i have to do vagrant up again to see the chat page and the shopping cart pages.

Thanks.

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 24, 2014, 9:16:39 AM8/24/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but i need one answer. I Have been testing and i only see the page http://localhost:8000/chat, or any page in templates/pages, when i restart my pc i tested in two pc's. Alway the same, restart and i can see the chat page of website_chat application.

Maybe its because python environment and it can see the path, i don't know and i would like one answer because i spent a lot of time with this problem.

Thanks.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 25, 2014, 2:07:14 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Lena,

It is really difficult to guess what could be wrong. Sorry our development is still Beta.

What is your current state? Does the /chat page come up or no?

Also, the chat application may be a bit dated, will have to fix it for the latest update.

thanks,
Rushabh

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/237c4ab8-87e1-4daa-8cb4-71a0fc95b74a%40googlegroups.com.

Lena Rute Nunes

Aug 25, 2014, 5:17:20 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your answer.

The /chat page it's ok now. But as i said i have to restart the pc (ubuntu trusty-64) and the vagrant virtual environment (ubuntu trusty-64).
for the erpnext come up with the /chat page. The same thing with shopping cart, after install i have to restart everything.

The chat application give this error when i enter the information:

2014-08-25 09:15:43,625 Request Error

09:15:43 web.1        |  site: site1.local

09:15:43 web.1        |  form: {'doclist': u'[{"doctype":"Website Chat Session","client_name":"Lena","client_email_id":"le...@gmail.com","client_question":"teste 123","status":"New"}]'}

09:15:43 web.1        | Traceback (innermost last):

09:15:43 web.1        |   File "/vagrant/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 52, in application

09:15:43 web.1        |     response = frappe.api.handle()

09:15:43 web.1        |   File "/vagrant/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 97, in handle

09:15:43 web.1        |     data = json.loads(frappe.local.form_dict.data)

09:15:43 web.1        |   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads

09:15:43 web.1        |     return _default_decoder.decode(s)

09:15:43 web.1        |   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode

09:15:43 web.1        |     obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())

09:15:43 web.1        |  TypeError: expected string or buffer

09:15:43 web.1        | --------------

Thanks.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 25, 2014, 5:53:08 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry but chat has not been updated recently - will try and find some time to fix it, otherwise if you can debug it, please send a pull-request :)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/3cfcbc9b-83ac-4ea8-bd01-8768bb2ba89d%40googlegroups.com.