ERPNext Updates - 14 August 2014

Anand Doshi

Aug 14, 2014, 2:41:38 AM8/14/14
Hi everyone,

A few updates for this week:

Timeline and Fold
Inspired by GitHub's timeline view, we have overhauled the comments section and raised its importance. Here's a quick preview:

Image of Timeline and Fold

As you can see from the image, the form's timeline shows Created, Submitted, Assignments, Attachments and User Comments. To improve its visibility, forms have a new element called Fold, that collapses the 2nd half of the form, hiding less important details and making the forms much shorter.

Once the full form is made visible by clicking View Details, the system remembers this act and shows the full form for subsequent opening of similar forms.

I think this feature is a win for both existing and new users. What do you think?

Other news

  1. Landed Cost Voucher has been released. We have tried to ensure that it does not have any obvious bugs, though there will always be fringe cases.

  2. Transaction summary for Email Digest now uses transaction's date instead of creation date. This ensure that amended transactions don't corrupt the day's data. (Thanks to Laurence Cua for reporting this problem.)

    If you usually make a lot of back-dated transactions, you should use Weekly Digest to get the summary for the week, which better fits your use case.

As usual, we would appreciate your feedback.

Best,
Anand Doshi.

MP

Aug 14, 2014, 5:07:11 AM8/14/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

We like the Timeline and Fold function. Great work.

On a side note, has audit trail been implemented in the new version? If so, do you have any detail on it? Thanks.

Kind regards,
Mayur Patel

Sunil Kumar

Aug 14, 2014, 7:35:25 AM8/14/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Wowww, amazing.....Thank you so much.
Day by day system is looking more and more pretty.

Anand, Just to share few customers comments. They say ERPNext UX & UI is simply the best.
I was just checking our own instance and new changes giving an amazing look & feel.

----
Sunil
Partner for ERPNext

Anand Doshi

Aug 14, 2014, 7:38:24 AM8/14/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi Mayur,

Thanks :).

Audit Trail hasn't been implemented yet. Though there is a rudimentary versioning system, it is still not complete.

Thanks,
Anand.

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/be356186-041d-4336-af5c-981c873b96d6%40googlegroups.com.

Nguyen Do Le Bao

Y Y

Aug 18, 2014, 9:38:17 AM8/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Good work. Cheers.

在 2014年8月14日星期四UTC+8下午2时41分38秒,Anand Doshi写道: