500 Internal Server Error shortly after installation

Lukas Wagner

Apr 10, 2014, 4:41:16 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I installed a new ERPNext yesterday in a vBox. I got through the setup of ERPNext. But when the installation is done it redirects me to the login page. From there on I get error 500 on anything. I already tried restarting. The ERPNext logs dir is empty. Since I use reverse proxy of nginx (the delivered config), I added an error_log to the server{}. This log remains empty, too. When I go onto the server with "w3m http://localhost:8000/" I get a 404 not found.
If you need anything else to help me please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance
Lukas Wagner

Pratik Vyas

Apr 10, 2014, 5:47:44 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lucas,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Lukas Wagner
<appdev.lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I installed a new ERPNext yesterday in a vBox. I got through the setup of
> ERPNext. But when the installation is done it redirects me to the login
> page. From there on I get error 500 on anything. I already tried restarting.
> The ERPNext logs dir is empty. Since I use reverse proxy of nginx (the
> delivered config), I added an error_log to the server{}. This log remains
> empty, too. When I go onto the server with "w3m http://localhost:8000/" I
> get a 404 not found.

For the 500, were you able to capture any tracebacks?
Try running the development server (frappe --serve) to get a clue.

We merged model-cleanup branch to develop today, will make a tag and
let you know when it's installable. I hope you are not running version
4 for production work.

> If you need anything else to help me please feel free to ask.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Lukas Wagner
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/939f9472-6cb9-4e23-b315-74e0b9a5698d%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Lukas Wagner

Apr 10, 2014, 6:01:04 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently only testing.
But for production work I will need the shopping cart.

Lukas Wagner

Apr 10, 2014, 8:23:42 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pratik,

as you said I started gunicorn manually and got the following output: http://pastebin.com/mDQkSjSX
I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Lukas

Pratik Vyas

Apr 10, 2014, 8:36:08 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lucas
I think that you did not start it from the sites directory.

> Thanks,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/53468D4E.5050506%40gmail.com.

Lukas Wagner

Apr 10, 2014, 9:41:00 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

yes, you are right. I ran it again with supervisor off. This time i got
that output: http://pastebin.com/ZMQ55Eu1
It's a UnicodeDecodeError.
Hope this time it helps :D

Thanks,
Lukas

Pratik Vyas

Apr 10, 2014, 12:05:48 PM4/10/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lucas,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Lukas Wagner
<appdev.lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pratik,
>
> yes, you are right. I ran it again with supervisor off. This time i got that
> output: http://pastebin.com/ZMQ55Eu1
> It's a UnicodeDecodeError.
> Hope this time it helps :D

Looks like headers are not in ascii range (similar issue prevents
frappe to run on mod_wsgi). I really want to replicate this and fix
it. Did you make a weird web page? If your data isn't sensitive, can
you send me your db dump?

Pratik
erpnext

Damian Dimmich

May 7, 2014, 9:01:20 AM5/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

Appreciate this is an old thread, however when I ran guincorn as suggested from the sites directory I just get 404's now - used to work prior to an update today.

Any ideas?

/data/www/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/gunicorn -b 127.0.0.1:8000 -w 2 -t 120 frappe.app:application
2014-05-07 13:59:01 [21706] [INFO] Starting gunicorn 18.0
2014-05-07 13:59:01 [21706] [INFO] Listening at: http://127.0.0.1:8000 (21706)
2014-05-07 13:59:01 [21706] [INFO] Using worker: sync
2014-05-07 13:59:01 [21711] [INFO] Booting worker with pid: 21711
2014-05-07 13:59:01 [21712] [INFO] Booting worker with pid: 21712

Damian

Damian Dimmich

May 7, 2014, 9:07:53 AM5/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

Trying with frappe yeilds the same results:

:/data/www/erpnext/frappe-bench/sites$ /data/www/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/frappe --serve
 * Running on http://0.0.0.0:8000/
 * Restarting with reloader
127.0.0.1 - - [07/May/2014 14:06:10] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 -
127.0.0.1 - - [07/May/2014 14:06:11] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 -
127.0.0.1 - - [07/May/2014 14:06:12] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 -

There is an app here that ran fine previously.

Damian Dimmich

May 7, 2014, 9:10:25 AM5/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Got it - for some reason sites/currentsite.txt had ../erpnext/conf/ in it...

I changed it to read:

../sites/conf/

And it works!